Sketchup 2020 and Twinmotion. No love

I can’t get the direct link extension loaded into SketchUp 2020. And Twinmotion fails to import a 2020 file directly. Looks like I’m out of luck. Just when I was getting excited about 2020. I read but found nothing on the Twinmotion site or forum. Posting just in case someone smarter than me has a workaround (beyond back-saving everything from 2020).

1 Like

We will have to wait what Epic does, it usually takes a month or so, when it was controlled by Abvent.

3 Likes

Same here. Noticed pretty quickly that TM is not compatible w/ SU 2020 yet. It’s really not fun when bringing imports over from SU either. If you load them in SU 2020 and try to import them into TM it will not work, you have to open up SU 2019 and import them there and then over to TM and it works fine. Hopefully it’s not too long of a wait!

1 Like

Same goes with wrap-r. You need 2019.

1 Like

Why not just save your models as su19? Or am i missing something?

1 Like

Yes this method will function but it breaks the live link and makes updating cumbersome. I’ll have to save as and backsave another 18 version every time I update being careful to overwrite the previous version, then manually update within TM. It’s easier to just keep working in 18 so all the files are directly updatable.

I’ve had problems with the live link in SU 2018 to TM 2019. I gave up and now import the SU model directly from within TM, and then “sync” it in TM, after any changes are made and saved to the original SU model. Only one step more than the “live-link”.