Twinmotion plugin & Sketchup Pro 2022

Twinmotion Direct Link Plugin not appearing in SketchUp Pro2022, even after downloading it from the twinmotion/unreal website. How to fix this ? Or is it that the 2022 update has still to catch up with this ?
Please advise.

Twinmotion has been working fine so far with SU 22 for me. I downloaded and installed the latest version of the data smith direct link extension, I believe labeled 21/22 This is working from within SU to send a project to Twinmotion, although as with 21, Twinmotion must be running first. I’m on my phone but I’ll post a link to the extension download page from unreal when I get back to my computer.

1 Like

Ok.
Yes I did download the datasmith recently, so hoping it will be latest. But I do not recall seeing it as 21/22. Will try again, maybe I am not paying attention to sequencing of which to keep open first etc. I did try it with SU2021 and saw it working. Also, I am a newbee with twinmotion , so am trying my hand on the trial version for now. I hope it offers full functionality, though yes it has limitations in output etc.

Kabir

This exporter is for TM 21 and 22, It’s the same extensions that was used to export from SU21 but I installed into SU 22 and it appears to work fine so far.

2 Likes

yes, i did use this very plugin…
let me try to run it again and see if i get through.
ks

This is what shows up on screen, I dont see any reference to 2022…

And, this is done while TwinMotion is kept open, and when I check in SKUP2022,
it does not show up in the Extensions Manager

KS

ks

You know, maybe, maybe the culprit is my twinmotion free trail version.
Maybe with the regular subscription, one is able to download the plugin for 2021/2022 SU.
Maybe

KS

This is what shows up on screen, I dont see any reference to 2022…

And, this is done while TwinMotion is kept open, and when I check in SKUP2022,
it does not show up in the Extensions Manager

KS

ks

Hi, I’m also very interested to know how you have managed to install datasmith on S.U 2022, are you sure it is S.U 22 & not 21 you are refering to? Can you show a screenshot of it in the toolbar please? Thanks.

Actually, forget that, its just been released for 22! Thanks anyway.

Go to the link and scroll down to the “Versions for Unreal Engine Preview releases” links: Twinmotion Datasmith Exporter plugin for SketchUp Pro - Twinmotion

I have the same problem. Currently I model in SKP2022, then open this file in SKP2021 to sync to TM and may adjust some detail in SKP2021 during my file sync to TM. Also wait for direct link plugin for SKP2022.

See the post immediately before yours.

1 Like

@Kwin and @neil_hallesy , I do currently have the old Datasmith extension installed and successfully syncing out of SketchUp 22.

My method, your results may vary: download the Datasmith exporter extension for SU21, (not the unreal engine preview, that did not work for me) open the extension manager in SU22 and install the 21 version, restart SketchUp22.

2 Likes

Thanks, wish I had tried that earlier :+1:

1 Like

Hi @endlessfix

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:
Actually no need to install extension inside extension manager.
(I open extension manager in SKP 2022 but it not allow me to install downloaded .msi file)

Just download “Datasmith Exporter - UE 5.0” then click install, close and restart SketchUp. Then it just work.

Datasmith Exporter - UE 5.0 Preview 1 (macOS)
Compatible with SketchUp Pro 2019 - 2022
Twinmotion Datasmith Exporter plugin for SketchUp Pro - Twinmotion

Yes I believe that method and version works on Windows. Mac installation does not use .msi files. I have tried to install the UE 5.0 .rbz extension on Mac and it fails to load for me with ruby errors on startup. I would like to get that version working as I would like to start using TM22, but I’ve not been successful on Mac yet.

1 Like

Same here! Macmini m1 Monterey 12.3.1; SKP Version 22.0.353 using Datasmith Exporter - UE 5.0 Preview 2 (macOS) with LoadErrors:

The datasmith exporter only works with intel based chips,
You can try to Quit SketchUp and then set the preference to ‘Use Rosetta mode ‘ via the info panel of the App
(Hit Cmd + I when selecting the app in the Applications folder)

2 Likes