Sketchup 2019 not responding/slow

Hi!
I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad P52s with WIN 10 to run Sketchup 2019 and its unbelievably slow.
The computerspecs are as follows:
Win 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel i7-8550U / 1.8 GHz (4 GHz) / 8 MB cache
32GB memory (2 x 16 GB RAM) / 512GB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P500 / Intel UHD Graphics 620 - 2GB

After a bit of research I have tried to open Nvidia control panel to activate using the right graphic card driver (not intel) for Sketchup, I have also tried opening Sketchup and entered window → preferences → OpenGL and choosing/not choosing “Use fast feedback”. I have also double checked that Nvidia is the chosen graphic card here.

I have done all lenovo system updates, as well as windows updates and restarted the system. The software is still very slow and unworkable when opening a project. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Make sure you have checked Nvidia for a graphic card driver update, do not rely on Windows updates for that.

Yes, I’ve done this aswell. The driver has been checked for updates in device management. Still no improvement…

When you installed SketchUp, did you right click on the installer and choose Run as administrator? Or did you do something else?

This was installed via administrator user. Do you recommend another form of installing?

It should have been installed under your normal Windows user account, not an administrator account. To be correctly installed you need to log in to the computer like you do for normal use, right click on the downloaded installer file and select Run as administrator. (This is not the same as installing after signing in with the administrator account.)

At this stage I would suggest you quit out of SketchUp, Make sure you are signed in as you would do normally, and repair the installation. If you need to download the installer again, do so. Then right click on it and select Run as administrator. After a moment you should get a window that gives you options to uninstall, repair, etc. Choose the Repair option.

Ok, I’ll try repair and see where it goes! I’m tech support in my firm and other users (such as the one in this case) does not have admin access to download and install software. Therefore Sketchup is installed on my co-workers user, but I had to verify my admin account to actually do the installment. If my co-worker would try to reinstall it with his own login, the verification window would just loop untill someone with admin access could login…

Can you grant temporary admin rights to the user so they can install Sketchup on their computer? Even if you do the installation, do it while signed in under their user login.You can remove the admin rights after installation.

Hi, I just reinstalled sketchup on the users account (with their own temporary admin rights) with no improvement in the software… Still very slow and not responding between every click. Do you have any other tips? Much appreciated!

When you installed, did you right click on the installer and select Run as administrator?

Do you know which graphics card is being used for SketchUp?

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.