Sketchup 2018 printable tool guide

I recently got Fredo Scale installed in my Sketchup Pro 2018, and I then tried to install the LibFredo that the FredoScale needs to work but the hours go by and it is still loading. Is there a faster way to do this?

David

It shouldn’t take more than a few seconds for LibFredo6 to install. How are you trying to install it?

When you installed SketchUp, did you install correctly by right clicking on the downloaded installer file and selecting run as administrator? If not, weird things related to file access can happen. We’ve seen others report problems due to incorrect installation.

To be sure all your ducks are in a row, quit SketchUp. Make sure you are logged in under your normal user and not the system admin. Find the installer file (most likely still in your Downloads folder or download it fresh from the website. Right click on the installer and select Run as administrator. When given the choice, choose Repair.

After you get the installation repaired, Open SketchUp and go to Window>Extension Warehouse. Select LibFredo6 and click Install. It should install very quickly.

1 Like

Dear DaveR

I was trying to load the LibFredo6 over and over for two days but no cigar, all I got were blips coming through. I eventually quit the process altogether and also deleted the Fredo Scale as well. I will now try again to get both Fredo Scale and the LibFredo6 extensions installed as you have said. Maybe this time we’ll get it right.

Thanks for your help.

David