SketchUp 2017 Measurement Box

Can anyone tell me how (or even if) I can make the Measurement box in the lower right corner LARGER?
I’ve got a pair of 24in monitors and it’s just small! It seems to be part of the lower status bar.
Thanks in advance.

Probably not possible.
There is a toolbar ‘Measurements’ which you can activate [and unlock and relocate etc] which opens instead of the box in the bottom status-bar, but the max length of its text box is actually smaller than the status-bar box - so not very much use…
:thinking:

I don’t use Windows much now, but I wonder whether you have tried changin the DPI scaling in Display properties to force text and the GUI bigger?

IIRC SU can work with scaling up to 150% - it’s getting better at scaling the interface to the screen resolution and size, but with limitations still.

If SketchUp (or any other program) doesn’t have a setting to make text larger, you could use the operating system’s accessibility features to zoom in. This isn’t as good as the program having a setting, but it might be a good enough workaround.

On Windows, turn it on here:
Start Menu -> PC Settings -> Ease of Access -> Magnifier
OR
Control Panel -> Ease of Access Centre
Once on, use the windows key with ‘+’ or ‘-’ keys to zoom in or out. Windows + ESC to turn it off. ctrl + alt + scroll wheel

On my Mac, I have ⌘ + scroll wheel available to zoom in at any time in any program. Set it up in:
System Preferences / Accessibility / Zoom.

Thanks, I finally figured this out. And undocking the measurement box from the lower status bar is more in line with what I wanted anyway. I actually put it up in an upper corner which makes things easier for me.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.