SketchUp 2017 Is Becoming unUsable in Windows

Hello all. Not Sure Whats up. Sketchup is Crashing a lot. Its Running slowwwwww. And Crashing. Bugsplats every day! Whaaaaaa.
Shadows on but Wow. Latest partial report from at time of crash. Seems to overload the CPU. ( Note the Cpu And Graphics Temps. ) takes a while to change scenes, even with shadows off.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit . CPU Intel Core i7 @ 2.80GHz 73 °C,Ivy Bridge 22nm ,RAM. 32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28), Motherboard CLEVO P370EM (SOCKET 0) 14 °C, Graphics Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz) , 4095MB NVIDIA Quadro K5000M (CLEVO/KAPOK Computer) 72 °C
Storage: 476GB M4-CT512M4SSD2 (SSD) 476GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series (SSD) 39 °C

Plugins are all up to date. Tells me sketchUp is updated. Windows is up to date. Quadro driver version 22.21.13.8205 DirectX 11.1

Any Thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Note that Revit, Cad and NavisWorks manage run fine. Im starting to wonder if it could be 3dConnexion spacemouse ? But that seems fine. Maybe a conflict with logitech MX Mouse ?

Thanks. daveg

Any identifiers on the crash? Ping me in a PM.

I am looking into windows update KB4016635 now. just found the thread.

OK, responded in PM

I’ll look soon on my hard drive. Thanks again. I now have hope to resolve this. :slight_smile:

@davegx1 is investigating, but his crashes were Ruby related.

I agree with you. I have more than 6 crashes a day. I did everything remove all ruby (thats a mit) , actualize all drivers (drivers change all day nothing changes) change configurations, everything you imagine. A real issue, memory size matters! SU doesnt feel well dealing with 80 MB up files… Its a very good software for get into 3D, good interface and easiest one. Needs to improve in the code.

YES Rocmen here downloaded it went to run and bug splat i updated my hd graphics card
and i have other cad/cam software that runs fine
can any body help

I tried everything from drivers to plugins. I reach the 50th crash mark.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.