SketchUp 2017 fails to install C++

Upon trying to upgrade my current installation of SketchUp 2016 to your new version, it fails to install the Visual C++ “14” Runtime Libraries (x64). I am a .Net developer an run Visual Studio 2015 enterprise and Visual Studio 15 (the upcoming release), so have the latest version of this installed already.

The error I get is:

Component Visual C++ “14” Runtime Libraries (x64) has failed to install with the following error message:
"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel. "

The following components failed to install:

• Visual C++ “14” Runtime Libraries (x64)

See the setup log file located at ‘C:\Users\allan\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDC36A.tmp\install.log’ for more information.

and the error in the log file:

‘Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (x86 and x64)’ RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Installation of components ‘Visual C++ “14” Runtime Libraries (x64)’ was accepted.
Copying files to temporary directory "C:\Users\allan\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDC36A.tmp"
Copying from ‘C:\Users\allan\AppData\Local\Temp\sketchup_install\vcredist_x64\vcredist_x64.exe’ to ‘C:\Users\allan\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDC36A.tmp\vcredist_x64\vcredist_x64.exe’
Verifying file integrity of C:\Users\allan\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDC36A.tmp\vcredist_x64\vcredist_x64.exe
WinVerifyTrust returned 0
File trusted
Running checks for package ‘Visual C++ “14” Runtime Libraries (x64)’, phase BeforePackage
Running MsiProductCheck with ProductCode ‘{EF1EC6A9-17DE-3DA9-B040-686A1E8A8B04}’
MsiQueryProductState returned ‘-1’
Setting value ‘-1 {int}’ for property ‘VCRedistInstalled’
The following properties have been set for package ‘Visual C++ “14” Runtime Libraries (x64)’:
Property: [VCRedistInstalled] = -1 {int}
Running checks for command ‘vcredist_x64\vcredist_x64.exe’
Result of running operator ‘ValueGreaterThanEqualTo’ on property ‘VCRedistInstalled’ and value ‘3’: false
Result of running operator ‘ValueEqualTo’ on property ‘AdminUser’ and value ‘false’: false
Result of running operator ‘ValueNotEqualTo’ on property ‘ProcessorArchitecture’ and value ‘AMD64’: false
Result of running operator ‘VersionLessThan’ on property ‘VersionNT’ and value ‘6.00’: false
Result of checks for command ‘vcredist_x64\vcredist_x64.exe’ is ‘Install’
‘Visual C++ “14” Runtime Libraries (x64)’ RunCheck result: Install Needed
Verifying file integrity of C:\Users\allan\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDC36A.tmp\vcredist_x64\vcredist_x64.exe
WinVerifyTrust returned 0
File trusted
Installing using command ‘C:\Users\allan\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDC36A.tmp\vcredist_x64\vcredist_x64.exe’ and parameters ’ /quiet /q:a /norestart ’
Process exited with code 1638
Status of package ‘Visual C++ “14” Runtime Libraries (x64)’ after install is ‘InstallFailed’

I tried running the CheckUp application to and that failed my graphics card saying it has too little RAM. Really? I run high end racing simulation on 3 monitor in full 3D at 144Mhz. The NVidia system information is reporting 12256MB total available graphics memory.

1 Like

Hi Allan,

I’m very sorry you are having trouble with the install. Microsoft threw us a few curves this year, and it has caused some trouble in our installer. Thanks for reporting your issue with such detail.

Could you please check in Add/Remove programs and provide the version numbers of any of your Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables (for example, “14.0.24215”)? Could you also give the information in Visual Studio’s Help->About dialog? A screenshot would be great.

Thanks very much for your help – we’re trying to resolve this issue as quickly as possible, but are having difficulty reproducing it.

Bill

Help About details

Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015
Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.6.02001

Installed Version: Enterprise

Architecture and Modeling Tools 00322-80000-00000-AA079
Microsoft Architecture and Modeling Tools

UML® and Unified Modeling Language™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Object Management Group, Inc. in the United States and other countries.

Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications 2015 00322-80000-00000-AA079
Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications 2015

Visual Basic 2015 00322-80000-00000-AA079
Microsoft Visual Basic 2015

Visual C# 2015 00322-80000-00000-AA079
Microsoft Visual C# 2015

Visual C++ 2015 00322-80000-00000-AA079
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015

Windows Phone SDK 8.0 - ENU 00322-80000-00000-AA079
Windows Phone SDK 8.0 - ENU

ASP.NET and Web Tools 2015.1 14.1.20907.0
ASP.NET and Web Tools 2015.1

ASP.NET Core Template Pack ASP.NET Core Template Pack
A collection of project templates that makes it easy to learn how to use ASP.NET Core

ASP.NET Web Frameworks and Tools 2012.2 4.1.41102.0

ASP.NET Web Frameworks and Tools 2013 5.2.40314.0

Azure App Service Tools v2.9.5 14.0.20810.0
Azure App Service Tools v2.9.5

Azure Data Lake Node 1.0
This package contains the Data Lake integration nodes for Server Explorer.

Azure Data Lake Tools for Visual Studio 2.1.0000.0
Microsoft Azure Data Lake Tools for Visual Studio

Common Azure Tools 1.8
Provides common services for use by Azure Mobile Services and Microsoft Azure Tools.

DataFactoryProject 1.0
Microsoft Data Factory Package

Devart Code Compare 4.1.78
Devart Code Compare
Copyright (c) 2012-2015 Devart. All rights reserved.

GhostDoc 5.2.16200.0 (Not Loaded)
GhostDoc automatically generates XML documentation comments.

JavaScript Language Service 2.0
JavaScript Language Service

JavaScript Project System 2.0
JavaScript Project System

JetBrains ReSharper Ultimate 2016.2 Build 106.0.20160818.163633
JetBrains ReSharper Ultimate package for Microsoft Visual Studio. For more information about ReSharper Ultimate. Copyright © 2016 JetBrains, Inc.

JustDecompile Tools 1.0
Makes JustDecompile functionality available in VIsual Studio. Requires JustDecompile installation.

JustMock 2016.3.914.2
Telerik JustMock Extension.

Microsoft .NET Core Tools (Preview 2) 14.1.20907.0
Microsoft .NET Core Tools (Preview 2)

Microsoft Azure Data Factory Node Node 1.0
Azure Data Factory extension for Visual Studio Server Explorer.

Microsoft Azure Hive Query Language Service 2.1.0000.0
Language service for Hive query

Microsoft Azure Mobile Services Tools 1.4
Microsoft Azure Mobile Services Tools

Microsoft Azure Tools 2.9
Microsoft Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 - v2.9.40923.2

Microsoft Azure Tools 2.8
Microsoft Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 - v2.8.40211.2

NCrunch
Continuous Testing Tool for .NET
Copyright © 2010-2016 Remco Software Ltd

NuGet Package Manager 3.5.0
NuGet Package Manager in Visual Studio.

PreEmptive Analytics Visualizer 1.2
Microsoft Visual Studio extension to visualize aggregated summaries from the PreEmptive Analytics product.

SQL Server Analysis Services 13.0.1701.8
Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Designer
Version 13.0.1701.8

SQL Server Data Tools 14.0.61021.0
Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools

SQL Server Integration Services
Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Designer
Version 13.0.1601.5

SQL Server Reporting Services 13.0.1701.8
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Designers
Version 13.0.1701.8

Telerik DataAccess VSExtensions 2016.1.111.0
Telerik DataAccess VSExtensions

Telerik WPF VSExtensions 2016.4.1021.0
Telerik UI for WPF VSExtensions

ToolWindowHostedEditor 1.0
Hosting json editor into a tool window

TypeScript 1.8.36.0
TypeScript tools for Visual Studio

Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova Update 10
Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova

Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows Apps 14.0.25527.01
The Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows apps allow you to build a single universal app experience that can reach every device running Windows 10: phone, tablet, PC, and more. It includes the Microsoft Windows 10 Software Development Kit.

VSColorOutput 2.4
Color output for build and debug windows

Xamarin 4.1.1.3 (34a92cd)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.

Xamarin.Android 6.1.1.1 (7db2aac)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.Android.

Xamarin.iOS 9.8.1.4 (3cf8aae)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS.

I’ve the same or similar problem:

Component Visual C++ “14” Runtime Libraries (x64) has failed to install with the following error message:
"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel. "

See the setup log file located at ‘C:\Users\kiero\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD3E7.tmp\install.log’ for more information.

I seem to have a newer version… but, the installer can’t deal with it.

Having said that, I’ve managed to get it to install by using 7Zip to extract the installation files, and manually running the .msi file.

3 Likes

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

Hello.
I just tried install sketchup on new laptop and I have same issue as above:

Will it work if i will install older version of sketchup?

1 Like

install explicitly with the standalone MS setup routine linked one post above and run the SU setup again (by “right-clicking > Run as Admin…”).

I ran that update but it reported that the update was already installed. I ran the install again as administrator and got the same error that the install had timed out. What do I do now?

Still no solution for SU 2017 C++ install failures after two weeks since last post?

I tried the C++ download install from Microsoft / Run as Admin – same "An error occurred while installing system components for Sketchup Pro 2017-64-bit…

Bill

I just purchased sketchup pro 2017 and I can’t install it in my PC with windows 7. I know you mentioned in your response to one of the threads about how Microsoft gave you problems this year but I need to know what can be done to fix this. I am not a computer savvy person and don’t want to spend extra having someone repair it for me. My PC works perfectly on all programs except for sketchup. Pls contact me ASAP as I am already out of options but to refund the purchase.

Thanks.

As a Pro user, you can get direct technical support…

The support program Checkup was released with SU17. It checks if your computer can run SU17. Did you try it?

As some changes to the registry is done, you must r-click on SU installer and choose Run as administrator. 2017 not launching has supportive links on updating graphic drivers, as SU17 requires such drivers to support OpenGL 3.0. Also some MS component need to be updated. Usually the installer will detect and install missing components, but if that doesn’t happen, you can install those components separately from Microsoft Update.

This is what I did too, just go for "Extract … here and you get the msi out of the self extracting exe file. Then you can install Sketchup from the msi without the need of installing the old VC++ redist package.

1 Like

Can confirm.

I have VS2017 installed and was initially frustrated and then finally decided to look further; saw this and used 7zip to extract SketchUpMake-en-x64.exe into a directory and finally used the *.msi installer with success!

Kudos and have a great new year!

Thanx this works 100%. I Extracted sketchup.exe file using winRaR and got a .msi file. Then installed the .msi file and it worked!! :slight_smile:

To install successfully, follow these steps:

1. Uninstall Visual C++ version 14
  2. Then reinstall the Sketchup
2 Likes

Confirm. I found the sketchup* .msi in the temp folder and cut it from there. Something is wrong with the installer offered on sketchup homepage. It gives the Visual C++ 2014 Runtime invitation but windows does not let that as it is already installed. (win 10 x64 home). People should use the .msi file. it just works.

You just saved me!! Thanks!

I have just tried to install sketchup pro 2018. It gave me the same above error. I just tried to unistall the programs and window to me there are not on the computer. I also tried to install the program and it would not install. I am under a deadline and need this to run. it is not my choice program and i have a midterm project due tuesday. please help me to get sketchup installed. I just got my computer back today after some major problems.

Thank you,

Leo

Olá Galera, eu consegui resolver esse problema na Hora da Instalação :slight_smile:

Vai em programas e recursos (basta pesquisar na barra de inicio) e desinstala, vai aparecer que está instalado o C++ 2015 ou 2017…mas o programa quer saber a versão, um pouco mais pra direita vai ter a versão, 14.0… desinstalei as versões que apareciam o 14, e reinstalei pelo próprio instalador do skp