SketchUp 2017 fails to install C++

You may want try to open the SU setup file with a ZIP archiver application, rip off the main SU setup file “SketchUp2018-x64.msi” to a local directory as e.g. the Windows desktop and launch the MSI from there by “right-clicking > Run as Admin” .

If you don’t have a ZIP archiver or don’t wanna download anything, you can also rename the setup file with the Windows File Explorer from e.g. “SketchUpPro-en.exe” to “SketchUpPro-en.exe.zip” and open by simply selecting the ZIP (read only). Don’t run from inside the ZIP archive but copy the MSI to a local directory before (see above).

Continuing the discussion from SketchUp 2017 fails to install C++:

Uninstall the newer version of visual V++, just like Visual C++ 2017

I am installing the software for a client and I was stuck on this part. I have installed the required software and was still bugged by this. Didn’t even occur to me to do what you just did. Thanks for reminding. This worked. Not a proper fix but a good one, cause it gets the job done.

Maybe U can try this : uninstalling all vga card driver,restart your pc/laptop,then reinstalling those driver again (make sure you’ve already installed booth of it,if you had dual vga card on your laptop AMD and Intel ) then re installing the sketchup,it will include installing visual C++ 14 too,and after its all done ,setup the property into “run as administrator” before you run it for the first time.it works well for me on my friend dell inspiron 3467 laptop,and on my pc.

Worked for me!!