Sketchup 2017 crashes just after i create a component

disabled all extensions, closed and restarted but still the same.

1 Like

What is it you’re making a component of? Maybe you could share it?

What component library, your own?

its been a problem for a while now.
im testing component creation by just trying to create a rectangle into a component, nothing complex.

Yes, it only happens with my components… i can access the standard component libraries and drop them into the model but as soon as i try and access My components, even without creating a component it crashes.

1 Like

How fast does SU crash when creating a component? Does it freeze some second first or does it instantly close?

Also, before ruling out extensions completely you could try opening the Ruby Console (Window > Ruby Console) and see if anything is printed to the console.

It lets me go through the motions ie; name etc dialog box then when i click create the blue activity ring appears, i cant perform any operations ie; zoom in out etc, then screen goes white (see pic) and (not responding) appears

the My components folder is in the 3D warehouse, I think?are you signed in? Bottom left corner. You might want to clear cache from IE explorer

i’ve uninstalled it and downloaded SU 2018 which seems to be working.

Many thanks to all for your patience and expertise :):smile:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.