Sketchup 2017 and 2018 crash when closing

crash

Hello everyone,

My team and I have had this problem for over a year now. I have no idea why this hasnt been solved. We are running Sketchup 2017 or 2018 and having the same issue. 9/10 times that we exit out of the program, Sketchup crashes. We do not get a

The most common (though not only possible) cause of crash on quit is a misbehaving extension. Individual extension authors, not the Trimble team, are responsible for fixing bugs and/or incompatibilities in extensions. Have you checked that all your extensions are updated to the latest versions? Was there an extension that you added about a year ago?

I assume your truncated final sentence was going to say “We do not get a BugSplat”? There are some sorts of crashes that BugSplat cannot catch. But they still leave a crash report file in

/Users/yourid/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

replace “yourid” in the previous with your macOS user id. Note: your Library folder is hidden by default in Finder but you can use Finder menu Go->Go to Folder… to enter that path.

There should be file(s) there with names beginning SketchUp_2018- and extension .crash. If can locate one of those and upload it to this topic, an expert from the Trimble team may be able to diagnose the cause of the crash.

Sounds like a rouge plugin. Which ones are installed?

I had a simular case, this afternoon. Turned out , the user had dragged the installer file in the applications folder and opened that everytime he/she wanted to use SketchUp.

On Mac, you can also install ‘wrong’ , just like on Windows.
Look at your application folder, does it show a subfolder with the three Trimble apps? (SketchUp,LayOut and StyleBuilder)

If not, download the installer file (.dmg), double click on it and there will be a window with the SketchUp logo and an icon of a folder representing the application folder.
Drag the logo in the application folder icon, and your done.