Sketchup 2015 Pro error at start up loading extensions

I get the following error after starting sketch up 2015 pro.

Error Loading File /Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_advancedcameratools/advancedcameratools_main.rbs
Failed to read RBS file.
Error Loading File /Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcobservers.rbs
Failed to read RBS file.
Error Loading File /Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox/GeometryHelpers.rbs
Failed to read RBS file.
Error Loading File /Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox/sandboxmenus.rb
Error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant Sketchup::SandboxTools::DefaultManager>
/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox/sandboxmenus.rb:33:in <module:SandboxTools>' /Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox/sandboxmenus.rb:24:in<top (required)>’
/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require' /Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:inload’
/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox.rb:45:in register_extension' /Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox.rb:45:inmodule:SandboxTools
/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox.rb:29:in `<top (required)>’

I am in discussions with the support team but they have suggested posting it here for further comment.

Sketchup is installed on the client machine but the profile etc is stored on the OSX server and pulled over to which ever machine is used to log on (in my case always the same one). I have checked the permissions and they are fine, so I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced the same errors

PS it does not stop sketch up from working generally but those elements in the list are obviously not.
thanks

Nigel

You cannot just post STDERR output into the forum post as it parses it as markdown. (The Discourse engine has already stripped out vital information like the error name, etc.)

Please wrap code or console output in a:

```
… plain code text here …
```
block.

You can also use phpBB tags like:
[code]
… plain code text here …
[/code]

This will not strip out anything, not parse it at all, and give us a nice scrollable box.

RE: Code Wrapping…

you can also use the code button to wrap any code
it 's the one that looks like this </>  in the Reply toolbar...

click that button and paste your code block…
john

raise(NotImplemetedErr,"Whoops we did a booboo!")

Error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant NotImplemetedErr>

:in `' SketchUp:1:in `eval'

Nope, sorry John, the 4 space indent markdown does not work, it only pre-formats the first line, and the error message gets wiped out again.

ADD:
Oh I see, you must hilight the whole thing THEN click the </> button.

raise(NotImplemetedErr,"Whoops we did a booboo!")
Error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant NotImplemetedErr>
<main>:in `<main>'
SketchUp:1:in `eval'

took me a while at first as well, now syntax highlighting…

[offtopic]

we already have it, you use the 3-backtick brackets, beginning: " ```ruby " all on 1 line.
(Or whatever programming language the snippet is written in…)
[/offtopic]

My apologies, this is the first post I have made so I was not aware of the code stripping etc see below the full error

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

Error Loading File /Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_advancedcameratools/advancedcameratools_main.rbs
Failed to read RBS file.
Error Loading File /Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcobservers.rbs
Failed to read RBS file.
Error Loading File /Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox/GeometryHelpers.rbs
Failed to read RBS file.
Error Loading File /Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox/sandboxmenus.rb
Error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant Sketchup::SandboxTools::DefaultManager>
/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox/sandboxmenus.rb:33:in <module:SandboxTools>' /Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox/sandboxmenus.rb:24:in<top (required)>’
/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require' /Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:inload’
/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox.rb:45:in register_extension' /Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox.rb:45:inmodule:SandboxTools
/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox.rb:29:in `<top (required)>’

Hope this is OK now

Nigel

not sure if previous worked so try here again

Failed to read RBS file.
Failed to read RBS file.
Failed to read RBS file.
/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox/sandboxmenus.rb:33:in `<module:SandboxTools>'
/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox/sandboxmenus.rb:24:in `<top (required)>'
/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `require'
/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `load'
/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox.rb:45:in `register_extension'
/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox.rb:45:in `<module:SandboxTools>'
/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox.rb:29:in `<top (required)>'

@nigelmarland,
It looks like SU doesn’t have access to it’s own contents,
have you checked your SU environment from ‘Ruby Console’?

ENV.to_a

will show you where SU is looking for things and you can test if it has real access to those places.

$:

will show the load paths

Sketchup::require 'su_sandbox/GeometryHelpers'

should return false as it should be already loaded, but is failing when called from su_sandbox…
what do you mean by

john

User account (profile) stored on server not client machine.

i will take a look at the items mentioned and re post as necessary

thanks for the help

Nigel

This is what I get running the commands you mentioned. Means nothing to me sorry…

> ENV.to_a
[["PATH", "/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"], ["TMPDIR", "/var/folders/ch/hmfk5l_d4k78gbb3hczb5ym8000104/T/"], ["SHELL", "/bin/bash"], ["HOME", "/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel"], ["USER", "nigel"], ["LOGNAME", "nigel"], ["SSH_AUTH_SOCK", "/tmp/launch-jn5NFr/Listeners"], ["Apple_PubSub_Socket_Render", "/tmp/launch-iffgSc/Render"], ["__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING", "0x404:0:0"], ["__CHECKFIX1436934", "1"], ["IG_ROOT", "/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources"], ["GEM_PATH", "/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Gems"], ["GEM_HOME", "/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Gems"], ["RLM_DIAGNOSTICS", "/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/liclog.txt"], ["RLM_ROAM", ""]]
> $:
["/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.0.0", "/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.0.0/x86_64-darwin12.5.0", "/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/lib/ruby/site_ruby", "/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/2.0.0", "/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/2.0.0/x86_64-darwin12.5.0", "/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby", "/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/lib/ruby/2.0.0", "/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/lib/ruby/2.0.0/x86_64-darwin12.5.0", "/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools", "/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins"]
> Sketchup::require 'su_sandbox/GeometryHelpers'
Load error: Failed to read RBS file.
false

Hope you can see something obvious here

Nigel

@nigelmarland,
at each start up SU needs to read certain files to run smoothly…
so it preloads all the paths it needs from it’s ENV [environment], into the $LOAD_PATH [ shorthand is $: ]
then it follows those loading each item in turn, and reporting errors…
Succesful one become $LOADED_FEATURES that can be used…

It’s failing to read the .rbs files [encrypted ruby files] in "/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins"
but appears to be able to ‘write’ to there and can ‘read’ your lic file is in the same place…

Check the Permissions on a .rbs in that SketchUp folder are read/write/execute…

%x(ls -al "/Network/Servers/macserver2.private/Users/nigel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox/meshhelpers.rbs" 2>&1)

it should return your version of

-rw-r–r-- 1 johns_iMac admin 54310 Nov 12 2014 /users/johns_imac/library/application support/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/su_sandbox/meshhelpers.rbs

john

Sorry, NO, SketchUp does not do this, nor does Ruby. The Ruby $LOAD_PATH array is for use by the Ruby global methods load() and require().
The ENV[“PATH”] are for locating executables.

Nigel should be pasting the $LOAD_PATH here, (not the ENV[“PATH”],) ie:
pp $:

Agreed, whenever it tries to read an rbs, it errors… which short-circuits the extension load.

So DynamicComponents is not loading, nor SandboxTools, nor AdvancedCameaTools, etc.

@nigelmarland: What kind of Filesystem is in use on the Network drive ?
NTFS EXT ?
Is it a case-sensitive, or case-insensitive file system ?

I agree with John that the permissions for the network “Plugins” folder and all “child” objects should be checked.

@DanRathbun, [quote=“DanRathbun, post:14, topic:11453”]
Nigel should be pasting the $LOAD_PATH here, (not the ENV[“PATH”],) ie:
[/quote]

he has pasted both of those, I wanted to see if his ENV was completely screwed or not…
in hindsight,

require pp
pp $"

is possibly more telling, as it only shows the successes…

although your correct, Nigel’s comment…

Is why I over simplified the actual chain of events,

@nigelmarland, another thought, are you running with as an admin account?
john