1. Having to hold the 2nd key for numeric use would be a deal breaker for me. I’d insist upon a toggle with a LED indicator beside it so we’d know when the numeric functions were active.
2. The SHIFT button seems a bit out of place for this keypad. I’d think having a
- button for the numeric keypad a better choice. (Then the same space could accommodate 2 buttons.)
3. The Enter key could be normal size, allowing an extra button as well. Enter could be 2nd function for use with the numerics, and then have a normal command as well.
4. I find the Eraser tool not much used. Select along with the Delete key is what’s used more often.
(Also having Erase on the geometry tools row seems out of place. It’s a better place for either Polygon or Arc tool.)
5. IMO, it would be more natural if there was the FollowMe tool to the right of Offset (9).
6. Some keys diverge from the norm of having the 2nd function at the bottom right of the key. Ie,
" (inch). This should be fixed.
7. It’s not clear what the labeling on the decimal key means. In 2nd numeric mode, it should send the decimal character set by the system (which might be comma for Euro users.)
8. This also implies that the list separator (2nd hand button, top right) should also send the system’s list separator character. ( Either
9. If the decimal key’s main function is to send Space, then it (seems to me) frivolous to have a dedicated Select key, (which frees up a key for another command.)
10. The SHIFT key is always above the CTRL on keyboards. The placement of these is strange.
I’d prefer these were at the left side of the keypad in normal layout. (perhaps between the undo and green arrow keys.)
11. The most frivolous waste of keys are the hide keys. Teaching new users to hide individual entities is not good. Better workflow is to leverage layers to control visibility. Once users learn proper use of layers, these 3 keys will be near worthless.
These keys would be better used for toggling Xray, Monochrome or Wireframe rendering mode.
12. A Hidden Geometry toggle is another most used command that needs a place on the keypad.
13. Would SHIFT+“Make Component” fire “Make Group” ?
As said above, I’d put “Polygon (cm)” where the “Erase” key is.
Then below it, to the right of “Scale (9)”, I’d put “FollowMe (-)”.
I’d move “Move” to the “(4)” key, …
… and move “Paint” and “Measure” up one row, to the right of “Rotate (5)”.
This frees up (1) (2) and (3) for use with the Arc Tools.