Sketch up help

I am currently in the process of completing a 3d model and ran into a little trouble. I am looking for help completing my model. Thank you

What kind of trouble? What kind of help? If you share the SketchUp file and tell us what you are having difficulty, we can surely help.

Thank you for answering. I am very new to Sketch Up and am not very sure how to fix this problem. In addition, I have other finals and my professor has not taught us that much about Sketch-up. I was curious if you would be willing to complete this assignment for compensation. Most of the assignment is done and not sure how to fix the problem, if not I completely understand

Well, that wouldn’t be appropriate. If you share your SketchUp model file here and tell us what problems you are having so we can help you get them sorted out.

the file is too big to be uploaded

Upload it to Drop Box and share the link.

You still haven’t told us what problems you are having with the file.

I do not some stray geometry at quite a distance from the model. Note in the upper right part of the screen shot.

I see some reversed faces. There should be no exposed blue back faces in your model.
Screenshot - 12_16_2021 , 9_51_50 PM

I also see incorrect tag usage. ALL edges and faces should be created and left untagged. Only components and groups get tags.
Screenshot - 12_16_2021 , 9_48_24 PM

And it’s a good idea to purge unused stuff from your model once in awhile. (Window>Model Info>Statistics>Purge Unused) This reduced file size by almost 61%.
Screenshot - 12_16_2021 , 9_48_40 PM

But what problems are you having?

Final 3d model purged.skp (7.1 MB)

3 Likes

Take time and do the free courses at learn.sketchup.com

1 Like