Skalp Extention not loading on all Sketchup versions

I have just purchased Skalp. It is vital that I have this tool so as to make construction diagrams. It fails to load on all versions of Sketchup.

What worries me is the lack of clear indication that the company who created the plugin is even responsive to people who are still using it.

Could someone please get in touch with me to help resolve this VERY frustrating issue?

Are you using the correct version?

download.skalp4sketchup.com/downloads/latest/

Yes, I have the only version available on their website which responds to the corresponding version of SketchUp. It’s hard to get wrong by the looks of it…

What version of SketchUp are you using? You list SketchUp for Schools 2021 which does not exist. Skalp wouldn’t work with SketchUp for Schools anyway. Are you using a cracked version of SketchUp 2021?

Perhaps try removing it completely.

Run SketchUp as administrator and redownload the 2023 rbz again
I’ve just tried installing it and it has a few more steps compared to more basic plugins, but I didn’t get any errors saying the script has expired.

So I’ve just started a new 14 day trial. They sent me another activation licence which when I enter into the activation dialogue, Sketchup shuts down and upon opening again I’m greeted with the same request for a licence… and I’m back to square one.

I’m using version 2023 and 24. I haven’t used sketchup for a number of years and am just coming back to it so will update the profile.

I’ve just activated a trial in 2023 with no issue.

If you are in some kind of loop, perhaps try reinstalling SketchUp itself with admin privilages - it could be that the plugin can’t write the license details to file.

So SketchUp Pro or Studio, not SketchUp for Schools.

Did you install SketchUp correctly? Perhaps there is a permissions issue. You could try repairing the installation of SketchUp. Right click on the installer, select Run as administrator, and then choose the Repair option. After it completes do a cold reboot and try adding the license again.

I have just reinstalled the program (as administrator), signed out of my account, licence. Everything.

I am no stranger to tech and have been working in VFX for years. The fact Sketchup even needs this plugin to operate more like Vectorworks is a total disgrace in the first place.

Here is the error message:
What is wrong here please?

Extension: Skalp (2024.0.0006)
Error: RGLoaderError (RubyEncoder Loader - This protected script has expired. Please contact the author of the script about this problem. Error code [09])
eval:6:in RGLoader_load' eval:6:in module:Skalp
C:/Users/lukeb/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp/Skalp_loader.rb:493:in skalp_require_isolate' C:/Users/lukeb/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp/Skalp_loader.rb:493:in module:Skalp
C:/Users/lukeb/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp/Skalp_loader.rb:1:in <encoded>' C:/Users/lukeb/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp/Skalp_loader.rb:6:in RGLoader_load’
C:/Users/lukeb/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp/Skalp_loader.rb:6:in <top (required)>' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load' C:/Users/lukeb/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp.rb:129:in register_extension’
C:/Users/lukeb/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp.rb:129:in load_extension' C:/Users/lukeb/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp.rb:110:in check_IE_version’
C:/Users/lukeb/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp.rb:158:in <module:Skalp>' C:/Users/lukeb/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp.rb:26:in <top (required)>’

This is the account I have:

SketchUp Studio, Student, annual termed contract

So SketchUp Studio not SketchUp for Schools. SletchUp for Schools is a web based version for young school children.

Just out of interest DaveR, why are u so bothered by my age, status or what sort of licence I have? Perhaps some help with the issue at hand would be preferable?

sketchup for school is a web version for kids. it has no extensions and limited tools

you’re using sketchup studio with the student formula, so it’s basically a full sketchup pro with extensions.

so you see why it matters a bit :wink:

2 Likes

Great.
So based on this lovely new bit of information, the solution to my problem is what then…?

I don’t give a ■■■■ about your age or your status! I’m trying to get correct information from you to help you. Forget it, though. It isn’t worth the time. I’m out.

I responded to you about what licence I had and you responded with information on the differences in what one account will allow over another. How is that helpful??

Maybe you should speak with the developers. I’m sure they have a support department. Your problem is related to the encryption of the plugin. Have you tried to uninstall the test of the plugins. Maybe one of them is loading an old version of RG Loader.
Ping @jeroen @Guy

That… your problem could not be with Skalp but other plugins installed.
By the way as @DaveR and @ateliernab are saying you can’t install plugins with SketchUp for Schools so it’s better to update your profile.