Simultaneous issues: login screen prompt/corrupt file/all toolbars and shorcuts no gone

Simultaneous issues: login screen prompt/corrupt file/all toolbars and shortcuts gone

Pressure day too.

Any ideas?

With LayOut 2018?

Layout 2021

Now I’m trying in vain to set up my workspace again. Keep getting bugsplat…with a single empty page project.

Your profile says you are using 2018. Please update it.

When you installed SketchUp/LayOut di d you do so correctly? That requires right clicking on the downloaded installer and choosing run as administrator. If you didn’t, or don’t remember, close both SketchUp and LayOut, find the installer, right click on it and choose Run as administrator. Then, when prompted, choose Repair.

1 Like

Also, where have you installed Sketchup? Locally or do you have a non default setup?
And where do you save your files, locally or on separate drive or network or in the cloud?
The corrupt file suggests external storage, and the loss of toolbars etc suggests a permissions issue. So all of those together suggest some sort of disconnect between sketchup and the rest of your system.
Have you had a windows update, check the graphic card driver for an update directly from nvidia, don’t let windows do that.

1 Like

Repair completed.

Still no custom environment.

All local installation and storage.

I no longer use OneDrive. I gave it up a year ago.

But the bugsplats seem to have stopped. So I can at least get on with things.

Thanks for responses.

I plugged away, had some holidays and have now moved over to a new machine. So, none the wiser unfortunately.