Send to Layout not working 2023

When I try using the “send to layout function” – Layout opens but does not ask me to select a template, it’s just a blank grey screen & my scene does not show up. It looks like there was a thread for this in 2021 but there was no solution.

Am I not setting up something correctly in Sketchup to be able to send to layout? I created a Scene for it and selected a style. I’m only working in plan view so there’s no 3D linework yet. I’m in top view/parallel projection for my scene view.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I don’t believe the window for the template is lost off screen because I’m not using multiple monitors and when I open layout on it’s own I’m able to select a template. This is in Sketchup Pro 2023.

Did you install correctly? That requires right clicking on the installer and selecting Run as administrator.

Close SketchUp and LayOut if they are open, find the installer in your Downloads folder or get the latest one from sketchup.com/downloads/all. Right click on it, select Run as administrator, and then choose Repair when that option is presented. After the installation completes do a power off reboot of your computer and try sending to LayOut again.

There is an issue that can cause LayOut to show a flashing mostly blank screen. Your problem may not be that one, but it sounds similar enough to be worth trying the same fix.

In File Explorer, paste in this path:

%AppData%\SketchUp\SketchUp 2023\LayOut\

In the folder you are taken to, look for any files that have an extension of ‘.plo’. Delete those files, and try sending to LayOut again.