Scenes shifting location even though the thumbnail shows correct location

I haven’t opened this sketchup file in quite awhile, and when I click on a scene, it takes the model into the building. It takes each scene about 100 feet to the right of where I originally had it set. I’m dumbfounded because the thumbnail of the scene is showing the correct location. I’m thinking somehow my camera shifted? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Can you share the .skp file so we can see what you’ve got set up?

It looks like the file is too big to post… 30.8 MB and I’ve already purged all unused objects. Any suggestions on how to share it?

Upload it to DropBox and share the link.

Thank you. Here is the link, please let me know if you have any issues opening it. Appreciate the help!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2evl5vdm5dbs4s/AMENITY%20SPACE%20REV%209-01.skp?dl=0

It opened just fine. I’ll be back after I have a look.

1 Like

It looks like the model was moved after the scenes were created but the scene thumbnails have yet to be updated. I think the fix would be to reset the camera to match the thumbnails as closely as possible and then update the scenes. When you update the scenes the thumbnails should automatically update.

FWIW, there’s a lot of incorrect tag usage. Most of it comes from the imported CAD file but it should be corrected.
Screenshot - 9_1_2022 , 9_49_05 AM

Thank you so much for looking into it!

How do I correct the incorrect tag usage?

You’re welcome.

I use a plugin from Sketchucation called Default Layer Geometry. You can also open the components and groups one at a time, select the geometry and in Entity Info change the tag to Untagged.

Oh I understand what you mean now. Great tip, thanks again!

1 Like