Scaling issue when exporting

Hi Everyone, I hope you all had a good Xmas.

I’m having an issue with the scale when exporting the drawings in dwg. The drawings are new and are in a plan 2d mm template.

When I export them and go to options the scale tick button is greyed out. When the Structual engineer opens the drawing in CAD and checks the dimensions they are out by 10%.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards
John

Do you have the camera set to Parallel Projection? That would be a must for setting the scale.

Sharing the .skp file with us would help us help you.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the speedy reply, I’ll have a look and check the perspective.

How can I share the drawing?

Drag and drop the .skp file into a reply here. If the file is too large to upload directly upload it to DropBox and share the link.

Hi Dave,

Thanks, I’ll be on my computer later so I will upload it then.

Thanks you.

Hi Dave, This is a test one I sent the SE to check the dims against. I was in perspective so maybe that was the problem.
test.skp (71.7 KB)

Dave,

This is the one I’ve made myself it was in parallel. The dims where correct on one axes but out on the other!!
Ivanhay - Floor plan.skp (2.5 MB)

That’s the common reason for it.

Notice the word ‘Top’ is missing from the upper left corner of the viewport. In addition to Parallel Projection you need the standard Top view.
Screenshot - 12_29_2021 , 12_16_42 PM

After selecting the standard Top view and updating the scene…
Screenshot - 12_29_2021 , 12_16_58 PM

Ivanhay - Floor plan.skp (948.8 KB)

By the way, it would be a good idea to ensure proper tag usage. All edges and faces untagged.
Screenshot - 12_29_2021 , 12_18_26 PM

And purge unused stuff once in awhile.Note the file size difference between what you uploaded and the purged version I uploaded.
Screenshot - 12_29_2021 , 12_18_40 PM

Looking at the model more: I’m curious about why you’ve only done 2D drawing.

Thanks for the sharing, I hit the same problem, it is fixed immediately after changing camera view from perspective to parallel.