Saving in SketchUp Free

Hi, I am also new to SketchUp Free, having just started trying to use it today ( to plan the interior of a van - camper conversion.) I have tried making a few test items and saving them and I am seeing this message every time. No Projects were found in your account and we could not create a default project. You might have exceeded the number of projects allowed in your subscription.

Please could you help

How to Save a drawing

I’m having this same issue… trying to save, but getting the same message: No Projects were found in your account and we could not create a default project. You might have exceeded the number of projects allowed in your subscription.

if you google Sketch Up 2017 downloads a link will be there for you to download all older versions. seems to work for me and means you can work offline so better than the Free

Same problem, but I really don’t want to use the downloadable older version, considering how well made the online version is. Especially when I’m already 2 hours into the design… are there any solutions?
Kind of sad that you can’t save your designs, when that is main reason for designing anything.

Before saving to the cloud, you must create a Trimble account and sign into it. Have you done that?

I’m having the same problem too. I’ve just created an account, logged in and opened SketchUp and I am unable to save anything as I have no projects and can’t create a default project.

Did you try going directly to Trimble Connect to create a new project?

Hey There

This is a known issue. We’re working with the Connect team to get this resolved asap. Will update when we know more.

~Bryce

This issue should now be resolved. Let us know if you continue to have problems related to projects and saving.

Hello,
I’ve just given it a try on my work machine (Windows10/Chrome) and it worked fine. I’ll see if it is working at home (High Sierra/Safari) and get back to you if I still have problems.
Thank you!

I have created two projects under my account, but neither of them seem to exist anymore. They aren’t in my projects folder

just happened to me - when I go to open the file, I get the message “no project found for this account…”

It seems that due to some back end work around the release of SketchUp Shop a bunch of people have lost access to saved projects in SketchUp Free. However from the information in other threads it looks like everything should be working again now?

Hi Everyone

There was an outage yesterday on the connect platform. Sounds like there might still be a problem. We’re looking into in.

~Bryce

A post was split to a new topic: Problem Saving Online

Quick update: Anyone who is seeing this issue should try signing out and then sign back in. Let us know if that does not resolve the problem. We’re working on a proper fix but the Sign out-in process should get folks going in the short term.

~Bryce

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.