Safeira showing up as a blank tab on Mac

Hi there,

My Safeira doesn’t seem to be working even after I tried to follow the instructions from the following page. I copied the file into the Safeira folder, have gotten the pop up message, but can’t seem to see any console popping up afterwards.

This is what I’m left with after the pop up message. Can’t seem to find where I’m supposed to go to to copy the command.

Can someone please help me to solve this issue, thank you in advance.

Check this thread:

Clearing the browser’s cache might solve it.

2 Likes

Thank you!! It works perfectly now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!

I am having similar trouble connecting the extension to my Sketchup. I am on a 2017 MacBook Pro with MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.6

I have managed to work on Sefaira about a month ago, where I followed the instructions as per this link:

It had worked up until two weeks ago. Then I received the blank dialogue box once again.

So I went through the same process as the link above.

I uninstalled and reinstalled both Sefaira and Sketchup 2018 a number of times, with various restarts in between.

I cleared both Safari and Chrome cache.

Then I downloaded the trial for Sketchup Pro 2020 and installed Sefaira once again.

This time, however, when I drop the .jsor file into the tmp folder, the tab for Extentions disappears from my Sketchup toolbar. After a while, the following message appears:

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 15.28.48.pdf

I have checked my internet connection and it is working fine.

I have also looked at the following discussion:

Any assistance would be appreciated

Hi @laura.nin,

It is strange that the plugin was working fine and suddenly stopped after a certain point. Curious to know if you had run any updates? New installs? Between when the plugin was working and when it stopped?

Also, it seems like the screengrab that you shared is a .pdf and did not get attached. Would you mind sharing it again?

Second, could you try dropping the .json file into the tmp folder one more time, but also make sure that all instances of SketchUp are closed when you do so.

Hi there, I have made sure repeatedly that my SketchUp was closed. I have also noticed that the complaint has been made on the original post:

Here is the screenshot:

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Hi there,

So it an update was announced, but I haven’t downloaded or installed it. When I checked online it was the same as before.
Also my Skechup hasn’t been updated.

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 15.28.48.jpeg

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 21.00.15.pdf (49.9 KB)

I have shown that dialog to Niraj before. It happens when you have Windows set to the highest security level. Choosing Medium then avoids the dialog.

I wasn’t able to find a setting on Mac that causes the same error, but maybe you have. Think about what your security settings are on.

HI @colin, is there something similar to what we discussed on the IE settings for Sefari on a Mac? I suspect that the browser might have been updated on @laura.nin 's end that could have the security settings at the highest level? Thereby preventing the Sefaira plugin to connect to the servers.

@laura.nin could you take a look at this article here and reduce the security settings on your Safari browser to see if that moves the needle at all?

I couldn’t find anything in the system, and I’m not sure if Safari settings would affect the comms between the Sefaira extension and the Internet.

Hi @colin, I suspect the Safari settings would come into play is because while Sefaira defaults to IE on a windows machine, it defaults to Safari on a Mac.

I couldn’t find network security settings in Safari.

In my earlier test I even turned on the Firewall on its toughest settings. Still didn’t get a blank Sefaira window or that error dialog.

Laura, are you on a tough company network? Can you test with your phone as a hotspot?

Hi @colin, we currently do have some knowledgebase articles to ensure that the network issues are taken care of:

But since @laura.nin said that the plugin was running fine a few weeks ago. I am not sure what might have happened. Something should have changed on her machine between now and then?

Hi there, just an update:
So after you both suggested that I take a look at my Safari security, I fiddled around a bit and I managed to get my Sefaira running again. I suspect it has something to do with Apple’s tightening of security, especially when it comes to Safari.

I have disabled the Firewall for Sketchup in System Preferences under Security & Privacy and I have downloaded the extension and .jsor again and followed the instructions as above.

Thank you for the suggestions! I wouldn’t have been able to figure it out by myself.

1 Like