Round corner faces missing

I’m trying to use roundcorner to round this edge 1/8", but it keeps on resulting in missing faces. I tried using the Dave method, but it didn’t work. Maybe I did it wrong…

31%20PM

Used roundcorner @ original size:

10x original size:

1000x original size:
35%20PM

Edit: This can’t be good… The green line isn’t continuous.

Skateboard.skp (1.1 MB)

Well, I finally did it… I had to patch a few holes and delete some coplanar faces. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I had a look at it too, and it was odd what was happening. I deleted all but the top face and did a joint push pull on it to get cleaner sides and the rounding seemed to work better.

1 Like

Considering the triangulation on the edge of the board, I would fully expect Round Corner to have trouble. I would redraw the edge of the board without the triangles and try the rounding again.

The Dave Method does work just fine, then, too.

1 Like

Here’s a quicky just to show that with clean geometry, round corner will work on your shape even at the original small size.
Skateboard

2 Likes

I’ll pour out a little of the amber fluid as a toast to you, sir.

1 Like

And I’ll raise my cup of black in response.

1 Like

I used vector push pull, so it created quads. I finally got round corner to work without creating missing faces. Thanks for all the help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.