Retrieving 2019 with 2017

Hi. I would like to know if there is a way to retrieve data from a sketch I made on 2019 SketchUp. I am currently using the 2017 free version. If anybody could advise I would be over the moon.

What operating system are you using? Your profile shows “64-bit” which doesn’t identify an operating system.

If you are using Windows there is an extension called Eneroth Open Newer Version in the Extension Warehouse. Or you could use SketchUp Free to open and back save the file. Or you could uplpoad it to the 3D Warehouse and let it convert it to a Collada file from which you can import the .dae file.

1 Like

Sorry mistyped. Windows 64-bit

If you are on Windows you can use an extension called Eneroth open newer version.
Please update your forum profile so we can give you the advice that suits your setup!

1 Like

Maybe Windows 10? Since there are only 64-bit versions of SketchUp 2017 and going forward, the 64-bit part is a given.

That is my other problem. Because I am using the 2017 free version it asks me to sign in, and upgrade to the pro version. For what I use it for I don’t need the pro version

It’s always going to prmpt you to upgrade. That’s part of what you get with the free version. You can click past that.

Since you’re using SketchUp as a hobbyist, you could use SketchUp Free (web). It won’t prompt you to upgrade to the pro version and you can open SketchUp files made with newer versions.

Where do I change my profile details

Click on the R in the mauve circle in the upper right corner of the forum page and choose Preferences. Choose Preferences again and it should be obvious.

Thanx, changed it. I will have a try with the free (web)

Thank you for fixing it. Please remember to fix it again when you go to SketchUp Free. That information helps us help you.

In the welcome screen, where it’s encouraging you to upgrade, look to see if there is an I Agree button. If there is, click on that, and then you will be able to continue using the desktop SketchUp Make 2017.