Renderings look very pixelated (SketchUp Studio VRay)

Hey all!
This is literally my first forum post ever, so if I have done something wrong, please forgive me and advise what I need to do.
I am a designer for a closet system company and I am needing to have nicer renderings for a marketing package we are putting together.
My problem is, even on the highest settings in VRay, my renderings look really pixelated. I’m not asking for photorealism when you magnify the image 10X, but just thought they would look better than what they do…
I feel like it has something to do with the model, rather than the render, but I could be wrong. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti card and I’m using the standard “high quality” render settings in VRay. Will paste a few pics for reference.
Thank you for ANY help in advance!

Hey @RoyJ
Welcome to the forum.

What’s the resolution you are exporting to? (If the one you attached is the actual resolution you are using, then maybe try a higher resolution)

Thanks for the reply fredy!

So I am rendering out to a 4:5 Portrait because that’s how the image will be used in a marketing packet. I’m trying a large 16:9 - Widescreen but I don’t think that’s what you’re referring to. A higher resolution is exactly what I need but I don’t see a basic setting like that. Can you point me to where I can find that setting?
I just have it set at Quality to High. I didn’t see much difference in High+ and it took quite a while. I can deal with longer render times for this particular need, as it’s going out to potential clients. Just making sure it isn’t anything wrong with my model, as apposed to the render process.
When you zoom in on a rendering, I didn’t think it should look quite this pixelated.

Tell me it I’m wrong, though.

Yeah, if you change the aspect ratio it only changes the “proportions” of the image but the height in pixels remains the same so the resolution isn’t affected.

On my settings the option is right above the aspect ratio, I’m on V-ray 6. I would change the current 1080 you have in the Height to 2160 and see if that works, if not then you may need a higher resolution.

vray_res2

2 Likes

I’m trying that now. @fredy you are amazing! Thank you for just taking the time with me here!

1 Like

That’s weird. Not something I’ve ever seen with my own renders. Definitely try upping the resolution. My laptop chokes at 8192 x 4608, but can cope with half that at High+ and the results are usually really great. Looooonnnnnggg render times, though. Overnight jobs. You probably have a better PC than I do – you definitely have way better graphics – so your renders shouldn’t take so long.

How did it go?

The resolution was exactly what I was looking for!! Thank you so much for your help!
Most of what I do isn’t going to be under that much scrutiny, but we’re putting together a marketing package comparing our prices to competitors. So I wanted them to be better than usual. Thanks to the info you gave me, I feel like now I can truly put out really nice renderings when I need them.
Now I’m just wondering how much faster a new, better PC will put out renderings.
Thank you so much for the help! I truly appreciate it!