Removing lines after push/pull

Here you go… that’s a BIG helped… I am using SU 2016. I just saved a copy as a 2015 version, It will let you save back to any previous versions so older editions still function. Have a peek and if you go to Trimbles down load page get a copy of 2016 and it will give you 30 days of all the features.That’s up to you but this will solve the file issue for you …Peace…

Tube -Elbows2015.skp (529.8 KB)

mrwmrutski-
The file opened. I will study your components and get back with you if I have questions.
Thanks for taking the time to explain the process.

Your are welcome and my pleasure, this forum and others have been a great help and to be able to give something back is cool. It has a lot to learn but as you start really getting comfortable with it, you (I) look forward to the challenges. …Peace…

I don’t follow the second component.

1. You drew the hexagon.
  2. Drew circle from center of hexagon
  3. Used offset tool to create double ring
  4. Used push/pull tool to create cylinder

Confusion
5. You copied and moved the cylinder away from the hexagon. When you made the move why did it leave the two circles that you used to create the cylinder?
6. Total lost how you created the elbow using the follow-me tool without creating a path.

I did create a path see .giff

From there you need to cut the elbow flush to get a true 90 degree angle. There is a full explanation out there but because SU use’s line segments to make curves and arch’s. There is a trick to making the segments perpendicular to make a 90 without having to intersect the faces.

I see! Thanks man, Time for some practice.

Mark

If you use the arch tool or Biezer curves you will need to cut the faces to create a square 90* horizontal and vertical face.
This is / will help to get your elbows to a true 90 for future reference. At 24 sides for a default circle, rotate it 7.5 degrees off the red axes. 3.75 degrees if you set the segments to 48 for a smoother circle. Other wise they will never be square, always having a slight pitch on them where they meet. (perpendicular) Leaving you scratching your head…

Here’s a sloppy version of how to do pipes and such.

2 Likes

These are great tutorials! You guys make it look so simple.

Thanks!

Box is GOOD!!! … I’m learning and aspiring to be… his sloppy is me working at it!!

The easier way is to extend the path a little bit so it’s straight line, curve, straight line - you can then use the “push/pull” on the end bits to push them back or simply trim the resulting shape with solid geometry tools.

1 Like

Tutorials were very helpful.
Attached is a photo showing the first tube after editing and the unedited tube in blue.
The arch on the edited tube is not quite correct so I will tinker with it a bit more.

Thanks

if you primary part was a Component, they’d all be nearly fixed…

john