Re-rendering of uploaded models does not complete

Greetings. I’m attempting to upload a model created in Sketchup Free into the 3D Warehouse, but the “Re-rendering” message after the upload never completes. The model is not particularly complex, but it does have two scenes. For my first attempt last night, I downloaded the model from Sketchup Free in 2019 format. That model still had not completed this morning (about 12 hours later).

This morning, I tried another Sketchup Free download in 2017 format, then tried to upload that. That has been almost an hour, and it is still showing the “Sprinkling some magic” re-rendering message. Here is the most recent model:

What is the issue here? Scenes? Sketchup model version? Suggestions are appreciated.

Here is a recent topic that might be the same thing:

The solution there was to delete the model and upload it again.

Thank you, Colin. I deleted the first model, and the one above is the second attempt. Strangely, it appears to render correctly above, but not when one accesses the model page directly. I will try deleting this model and uploading again.

Having the same problem… uploaded the model but fails to render… tries a few times to update, no luck… waited 4 hours and tried again to update… no luck … deleted the upload and did a fresh upload… still no luck… is this a server issue…?

I have the same problem.
Tried uploading with the model opened and via file 2 times.
The first way doesn’t make the model even show up, the other 2 make it eternally on the SPRINKLING SOME MAGIC image and appear in a slot on my warehouse with default empty image.

Please tell me what is wrong. I need this to show models to people with no accounts and I am testing if it is a worthy solution.

Also, why am I asked to create an account here in the forum while I am logged in to the working web app? Did I just create a second account? I hope I don’t lose my works.
My name here is not the same as the original account and if I try to input the same name as before, the “change” button is faded. Quite confusing and duplicating mess.

Is this for clients? Are you actually using Sketchup Free (web) as your profile indicates?

This forum is in no way connected to your Sketchup account.

I am using it for testing ideas to see if it is viable for educational purposes. How could my profile be wrong? Odd questions…

That’s odd too.

Do you have a solution? Thanks.

I didn’t say your profile was wrong. Your previous post made it sound like you are using SketchUp for work with clients. It wasn’t very clear.

What’s odd about that. This forum is not connected to your Sketchup account in any way shape or form.

As for the 3D Warehouse “sprinking some magin” there was an issue last weekend in which renders would fail but that seems to have been fixed. If your model is complex or a particularly large file, rendering could take a while. Are you getting a failed to render message or something else? What happens if you go to your content in the 3D Warehouse via your web browser?

As for SketchUp for educational use, there’s SketchUp for Schools for primary education and there’s SketchUp Pro educational license intended for Secondary education students.

UPDATE: I have 1 file successfully uploaded.
I had deleted the 2 previously mentioned files that were shown rendering and haven’t tried again from the hard drive, so the one showing must be one of the 2 or 3 tries I have done besides those - can’t figure if those before or after I have deleted the others.

While rotating, parts of the model seem to disappear as if there is a section… this is happening also in the work file… what is going on? I have used a file from 2020, although I have deleted what I had there before, meaning this model completely new but created inside an old file - could this be the reason?

It is odd since you have verified my profile by yourself. I am not yet using it for that, just testing.

I expected it to be part of the platform since the address,name and logo are the same as the software and I have even seen devs answering here.

Its 2.8MB - odd again, since it is simple and I have more complex files with smaller size - maybe its because it was created 1 year ago?
I have waited at least 12 hours before posting here.
No failed message, just what I described first - I have always used it via web browser and only the 2 files I have tried to upload (previously saved files on my hard drive) appeared on my warehouse but saying it was rendering. Something was definitely stuck somewhere.

1 year ago I tried very briefly but I have activated an educational trial by mistake, I intended to use a free version. The trial time vanished although I have only used it on the very same day I have activated it. It didn’t seem to suit what I wanted to do so I didn’t try again.

My return here was motivated by a personal home project but then I looked at the old file and decided to give it another go and I am still trying to find a way to make it useful professionally - I’m a private tutor, I don’t think I’m under the “educational” umbrella you mention.

Change the Camera to perspective and the clipping will stop.
You also have 113 unused styles cluttering the model.
Purging your model dropped it from 2,820kb to 364kb

I might need it in parallel projection…

Thanks. That must have happened while searching for the best style. I’ll try to figure how to delete them.

Parallel Projection is designed to be a static 2d image, it isn’t designed to be used as a modelling style.
People do use it for that but that is not what it is designed for and as such will produce strange results when orbiting and zooming.

Materials, components, styles etc each have a Purge unused button in their tray and in Model Info there is a Purge unused button in the Statistics panel.

1 Like

Visited 3d Warehouse and it now has rendered the image… it would be nice if Trimble actually advised its customers if there was an issue rather than leaving us all just floundering in the dark

1 Like