Question marks appear instead of text

Hi All,

I just cleared my cache out on my entire computer (MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11.1, El Capitan, Sketchup Pro 2016) last weekend and when I went to open up one of my Layout documents for the first time after restarting, only question marks appear wherever there should be text.

Any ideas why this is happening or how I can fix it? Full disclosure: I am the opposite of a tech-y so please speak in layman’s terms.

Thanks!

I’ve never seen that before. Could you upload the LO file? Or send it via a PM if you don’t want to share it publicly. I won’t let it out.

Sure. I’m completely new to this forum so it might take me a few minutes to figure out how to pm you and send you a file. Thanks!

Click on my avatar or name and then click on Message. You can attach the file by clicking on the Upload button–7th from the left in the row above the message window.

I tried to send you the file but it said it was too big. Is 4.3MB big?? Its only a 2 page document with not much on it! Also, how do I get to a private conversation with you so I don’t clutter this thread with stuff about my basic learning curve on this forum?

I replied to your PM. Can you see it? Click on the P in the orange circle up in the upper right of the screen.

For anyone who comes along with this issue, it appears that the font is missing from the computer.