Push-Pull just moves the surface?

If that happens in the future, then you might wanna reset your shortcuts. Perhaps move’s shortcut was P (the push/pull shortcut), so it activated the move command when you tried to push/pull.
25%20PM

The software was fine for 4 years … I think it started with an windows update but I am not sure

I am not using any shortcuts just the mouse
I tried to reset all the shorcuts but it did not solve the issue

How are the mouse and keyboard connected to the computer?

If wired try something like SharpKey. If Bluetooth try removing the KB and re-connecting.

I already did the above, as I said I tried a different mouse and keyboard

If software re-mapping (using SharpKey or something like it) the KB does not work I am out of ideas.

giving this a bump before I remove Sketchup from my system and look for an alternative

If you think a Windoze update caused the issue, try removing the updates one by one back to the time the issue started. I really don’t think this is caused by SU. It is almost like a N/O switch is reversed to become a N/C. Have you tried to use the on-screen KB?

I have just realized that some other apps are affected
It seems to be something that comes into play when mouse and keyboard are used together (ex: Ctrl+Mouse Wheel for zoom in), another program is giving me grief right now…

I am upgrading to Windows 10 let’s see if that changes the things or it will give me one more reason for a good headache

problem solved by upgrading to Win 10 Pro …it sucks!

Check your Windows accessibility settings. Windows has some “helpers” that are activated by some keyboard shortcuts that can overlap with things you use in applications or that you can use by mistake. Disable them if you don’t need them.

There will be a major update to Windoze starting to roll out next week. It will be a big improvement to the version you have.

Has this been solved yet? I am having this problem with SU2018 Pro on windows 7. So frustrating!

Read through this thread. The problem was found to be graphics driver issues. Try updating your graphics drivers and make sure your Nvidia card is being used to display SketchUp. You could update your operating system to Win10, too. That helped some users.

Thanks Dave. I have an older AMD card. Radeon HD 5830 to be exact. Its drivers havent been updated since like 2015. =(

I am ordering the parts to do a new build so Win 10 will be whats going on it.

So weird because I have used this same machine for years with all flavors of SU and have had no problems. Weird.

Thanks for your reply

Your profile says, “NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti” so that’s misleading. It also says you are using SU2017, not 2018. The information you put in your profile is supposed to be helpful to others when you ask for help. It needs to be correct.

So since this used to work and doesn’t now, you need to look at what has changed. It isn’t SketchUp 2018. That hasn’t changed since 2018. What did change on your computer?

Ya my bad. I didn’t think about updating my profile information. I have now. Thanks for the heads up.

Literally nothing has changed on my pc. Except the normal Windows updates. Although I haven’t actually used SU on this machine in a while so who knows.

I was hoping this would be an easy fix after all these years f posts but I see that its really not. well at least not with my current setup.

Its time for a new build so I will go with that and hopefully all will be good.

Thanks again.

Windows updates are notorious for breaking things like graphics drivers. That’s the first place you should check.

Well, it isn’t really a SketchUp problem, it’s a graphics driver problem. Based on history, I would expect Windows updates will continue breaking things so you need to be diligent and keep them under control.

FWIW, the three computers I currently use SketchUp on as well as the previous four have all had Nvidia graphics cards and I’ve never had any problems with Windows updates. Of course that’s only anecdotal evidence but if I were building or buying a new computer to use with SketchUp, it would most definitely have Nvidia GPU.

Yep. Where I live and work, Windows updates have broken Nvidia drivers more than once. Luckily updating has always fixed the problem. Comparing apples and pears, I have some sort of notion that Nvidia has longer driver support for legacy graphics cards than AMD, but that is only my impression.