Push/Pull Acting strange

I have been having strange issues working with Push/Pull. When I create a rectangle To push in a dado. I can push through, pull out, but when I try to push halfway point for the dado, the line where it should appear, but there is no depression and some of the lines disappear halfway.

Planer table (3).skp (29.6 KB)

In the same SKP file is this issue. I am trying to fill in this dado by drawing a line across the opening as shown and then try to push to fill the channel, but nothing happens.

Any help will be appreciated – Tom

The lines going halfway across indicate that the surface you are pulling is not aligned perfectly yo the other surface… something is out of plane.

1 Like

If you turn on view by axis…you will see the problematic geometry.

2 Likes

Keep in mind I am totally new and I am using Sketchup Go. How do you turn on View by Axis? I saw one place say it was on the Entity Info page, but I don’t see it. It looked like they were using a desktop version.

@KyleB meant Color By Axis, I think. It is a style setting. In the Pro version you can turn it on in Style tray>Edit>Edge settings, but as the free Web version doesn’t support style editing, the only option is to select a ready-made style that has this feature turned on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.