Program keeps crashing when exporting 2d graphic

hi
having given up (for now) on rendering the model, I have tried about 20 times now to export the 2d image / graphic as a jpeg, with anti-alias on, and different image sizes…the only one that has worked was a 1204x734 with “anti-alias” off, this resulted in a very low quality image with zigzags instead of lines… Shadows are on… any ideas what I’m doing wrong?
thank you, a.

Try: Window > Preferences > OpenGL

Uncheck “Use hardware acceleration

Restart SketchUp & retry export.

it has done it!
it did not crash!
I am ever so grateful, have a fantastic day and muchas muchas gracias
…are there any instances when I should turn the “use hardware acceleration” back on?

You can try again, whenever you update your graphics driver.

For general reader information, this is the graphics data I gleaned from the DirectX Diagnostic screenshot sent to me, from Alexandra (the OP):

Video OEM: Intel
Card: HD 4600 (integrated with chipset)
VRAM: (shared) 1.7GB max
Driver Version: 10.18.14.4222
Driver Date: 2015-05-29
WDDM 1.1

Having the same issue with MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB but only intermittently when using Pencil on tracing paper style. Any hope for mac users?

what 2d export settings are you using?

computationally, on a mac, tif is the best export format for any of the SU ‘raster’ styles…

john

@Drewcooks, actually, you don’t have the same problem.The OP has a Windows computer with integrated graphics. You could have just posted a new thread for best coverage of your issue.

Being that you are using a Mac with a good graphics card, the first thing you should do is be sure your OS updates are up-to-date. On Macs, graphic driver updates are bundled with OS updates. Compounding your specific problem could be your installed plugins.

Thanks so much catamountain!

I should have parsed my words more carefully by saying “I am experiencing the same issue”!

My OS is automatically brought up to date and I have eliminated all of my plugins. New to the forums, I didn’t see any similar issues for mac users, so I thought it made the most sense to reply to this one which appeared very similar.

I will start a new thread as you suggest.