Problems Push/Pull Tool

I had an assignment to make a 3D modeling from a floor plan given by the lecturer and was following all the instructions given. I have a problem: where i circled red, after i draw rectangle following the guide points, i used the push/pull to cut holes (to make windows and door), but it didn’t happen. I only have this problem with 4 windows and had no problem for other windows. Did i miss something?

recoveredBangalow.skp (2.0 MB)

The problem is that the rectangle you’ve drawn does not lie on the face of the wall. Look at the Y-values (second values. All them for the corners of the wall are the same. Notice how the corners of the window have different Y-values. They should all be the same as the ones for the corners of the wall.

Also note the heavy profile edges along the two sides of the window rectangles. That indicates that those faces aren’t dividing the wall face into inner and out regions. When the rectangle is drawn on the face correct, there’ll be no heavy profile edges. See on the left where I’ve replaced your attempt.

Remove the rectangles and redraw them.

It would also be a good idea to turn off Length Snapping in Model Info Units. Having it turned on as you do can create problems.
Screenshot - 4_21_2021 , 7_11_05 AM

1 Like