Problem Using Follow Me Tool

I am drawing an object, a pint mug. It is wider at the top than at the bottom, spreading out in an arc about 1-3/4" up from the bottom. All went well with the drawing until I realized thatI did not allow for the thickness of the walls. I was able to add 3/32" to the outer circumference and pull it down to the line where the lower arc joins the sides. I thought I could use the FollowMe Tool to complete the walls on the arc’d lower portion but cannot. I drew the surface to create the missing wall segment then selected the bottom surface of the mug then tried to click FollowMe but got the error message saying cannot extrude curved surface (or something close).

I’m attaching a screenshot and the file. I would appreciate any help you can give me to discover what I need to learn.

TIA
rh
Pint Mug.skp (169.9 KB)

You’re going about it the wrong way. Create an entire half-section on the origin as shown, then draw a circular path around it.
Download the amended version of your file, select the circle, then click the profile with the Follow Me tool. This will lathe the shape in a circular path. Pint Mug2.skp (104.6 KB)

Thank you, Alan.

I guess I wasn’t sure enough where I was going when I started the trip and got lost on detours.

I appreciate your putting me back on the right path. I had the usual mental block of not being able to see the problem as anything other than a nail because the tool I had was a hammer.

No problem, it happens even to experts. It’s always good to take a step back and see the bigger picture.
There are, in fact, several way of doing what you wanted. You could, for instance have drawn a flat cylinder for the base of the cup and then extruded a profile of just the side all around the perimeter of that.
If it had been a rounded-off square shape (like some dining sets) that might have well been the way to do it. You could even have just drawn the outer shell…like a hollow flat-nosed bullet…then extruded the entire shape into a cup of specific thickness by using a plugin called Joint Push-Pull (think the ordinary Push-Pull, but on rounded surfaces,)
But given that the shape is entirely symmetrical it makes far more sense to just spin the half section around the centre.

I would strongly advise, however that you do all such operations centred on the origin. It makes defining and later finding the centre of rotation just so much easier.
If you wanted to put a handle on it, for instance, it would make sense to attach it to a flat segment rather than one of the vertices. This would require a flat segment to be straddling one of the axes. But the way that the Circle tool works tends to put vertices along the axes, not the segments in between…so the cup would need to be rotated slightly…easy if it’s centred on the origin.

Thanks, Alan!

I normally do start all drawings at the origin. The file I posted was done for that purpose only. I simply selected and pasted the object in a new file without bothering to ‘anchor’ it.

Again, thanks for the suggestions.