Print preview not working for print to scale

Print preview does not work in 2017 for printing to scale

What does happen? Can you share the model? Screenshots of what you are seeing? Screenshots showing how you’re setting things up?

Not sure u are getting the pix. The print preview page does not respond as it should even tho I have followed proper steps to print to scale

Start by making sure the printer drivers are up to date. Go here: HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Did that before this post, spent 2hrs with HP techie

It has worked before for you?

I have printed to scale with different SU versions and printers.

Including SU2017? SInce it hasn’t changed for more than two years, you should look at what has. It’s a stretch but you could try reinstalling SketchUp. Make sure you are logged into Windows as your normal user then right click on the downloaded installer and select Run as administrator. When the option is presented, click on Repair.

I have 2016, it works but my drawing is in 2017. I have reloaded 17 in the passed week or so

This thread may be helpful … Printing to scale to use as a template - #7 by jimhami42

I will try reload of 17 again is there a way to send 2017 drawing to 2016?

Is the camera set to Parallel Projection ?

Yes all settings are correct

Yes…while working in SU 2017…save as…drop down menu…Version 2016…and use a file name that includes V2016 to be sure you can find/open w/SU 2016

Charlie

Thanks everyone, I was able to move the file to 2016 and it prints in scale just as advertised. I still can’t print to scale in the 2017 and 2019 versions.

Juste for information, I encounter the same problem with a HP LaserJet on 2017.
(The “page size” and the “Scale” are blank, not grey.)
It seems that it’s a HP problem.
My workaround is to select a PDF printer in the preview mode, to clic OK, then close.
Then print the file with the PDF printer.
And then print with a PDF viewer.
If you need more than 1 sheet, your PDF printer must have the margin setting.

I think this screen is basically changing the settings for the rendering and choosing how pages are constructed.
The printer driver chooses what to do with those images and how to apply them to a piece of paper- you probably need to head through into the “properties” area for you printer, which are settings that will change if HP updates drivers.