Print 1:1 scale on one sheet of paper

I am using Make 17 and am having trouble printing this model 1:1 scale on one sheet of paper. Used the process I thought I knew: Parallel Projection, Zoom Extents, etc. I can get it one one sheet but it is too small. The model fills the screen as soon as I hit Zoom Extents so that part seems right. Bottle Opener.skp (34.7 KB)

You need to make the model window shape close to that of the paper or, as I’ve done here, I’ve adjusted it to closely fit around the model. Then untick Use Model Extents and Fit to Page.

Thank you very much. I haven’t used Sketchup in about 6 months and clearly I’ve forgotten a trick or two.

Back in remedial class again :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
Exactly the same issue as dwsmithster.
Studied the solution and attempted to follow several times . No success.
Started at zoom extents:
257 x 170 for 20mm border inside A4 landscape.skp (129.1 KB)
Went to print preview

Set the variables as above.
Made a print which on paper produced a rectangle of 186 x 123 mm instead of the Sketchup dimensions of 257 x 170 mm
Any ideas on solution ?

You need to set the Camera to Parallel Project not Perspective as you have it in your file. Note that in your screenshot the Scale settings are grayed out. This is due to having the camera set to Perspective.

What are you modeling, anyway?

I am wanting to create a design in block print using the red tile shape in varying rotations and colours

so I want to print an accurate image of that tile shape to make a template for cutting the block.
Sadly I’m still failing . I have the tile sized at 50mm in Sketchup
single tile.skp (161.6 KB)

and selected parallel projection but it is appearing in a variety of different sizes when I go to print preview. Usually the scale is not 1:1 and when I select 1:1 the page size changes to apparently random different sizes and not infrequently sets itself to print on 2 or more sheets. When I do get it to appear on one sheet in preview it frequently doesn’t look like 50mm but there are no measurements in view to check. When I do a test print it has printed the tile at 35 mm, 47mm and 51.5 mm.
As the extra 1.5mm is not critical this time I have used 51.5 and started cutting the blocks but as some of the 2D and 3D projects I have in line are more critical I would really like to be confident that I can make Sketchup print 1:1

You have to set it to 1:1 in the Print or Print Preview. Before you do that resize the model window so it fits closely around the model.

If you were planning to print what you show in your last screenshot you will need a very large printer. What you show in your image will be larger than the standard printer can handle.

Really this would be easier with SketchUp Pro and LayOut. If you need to do this more than once or twice and your time time has any value it would be worth the subscription.