PlusSpec / PlusDesignBuild - I'm looking for someone with experience in the USA

I recently purchased the full PlusDesignBuild and have spent a lot of hours learning their software but I am unable to find US Products with regards to electrical outlets, fans, lights, etc and they don’t have the Arch D 24"x36" page size that I need in their automated Export to Layout tool. I’m in the middle of a project. Is there anyone in the US that is using PlusSpec that is willing to chat with me? I spent a couple of grand on this software and it’s cool but I am a little frustrated at the moment. https://plusspec.com/plusdesignbuild/

2 Likes

The lack of response to this post is disturbing . The plusspec products have taunted and tempted me for many moons–
no longer.

Does anyone use either of them in the US?

They might all be sleeping Down Under?

1 Like

Yea, but a whole month is a long nap.

It’s too expensive, it costs more than sketchup, and not worth buying for me at least, you can make the same with different plug-ins a lot cheaper and with perpetual licenses.

1 Like

Hi Jawsnaz, what did you end up doing? I know this was 2 years ago, but my gut instinct would have been to use whatever size is closest but smaller than Arch D and then revise the paper size after the fact. It would end up with some funny border sizes perhaps, but would have done the trick I think.

I am also very very intrigued by PlusDesignBuild. It looks like the power of Revit without the terrible user experience, terrible graphics, etc. I also had some reservations since they are an Aussie company, thinking that it might not be meant for or optimized for the US market. Since it has been 2 years since your post, what are your thoughts?

Hello Redhead,

I wanted to share my feedback about PlusDesignBuild. As a Designer with a background in Building, I was excited to try it out. However, I have decided not to renew my annual subscription with them.

Although it is a powerful addition to SketchUp, I agree with your point about it being an Aussie company that may not be optimized for the US market. While their software is robust, it is not tailored to the US market. I wish they would partner with US professionals for free to make it more suitable for our market. At $2,100 for the first year, the software should come with US products and building practices.

Despite this, I must say that I had great experiences with everyone I worked with at PlusSpec. I look forward to their system being ready for the US or for them to ask for our help to make it ready.

1 Like