Pathcopy or copy along a curve

sketchup

Hello Friends

I’m trying to solve an issue:

1. I want to place these stepping stones shown in screenshot along guide curve shown all with equal spacing and arcing around the curve

2. I tried using PathCopy plugin, but it doesn’t seem to work for me.

3. Would anyone have advice on how to equally copy multiples along a curve?

Thanks!

0 Likes

PathCopy

Change Axes for the component

3 Likes

Sweet! I’ll give it go.

Is that a different plug-in you are using, other than PathCopy?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Daniel

Daniel O’Kane

CAL LIC #1038951

0 Likes

The text “PathCopy” it’s blue because it’s a link to plugin web page, so you can download it directly. Just click on that blue text, it will redirect you to the official SketchUp Extensions page.

0 Likes

Got it thanks.

Thanks

Daniel

Daniel O’Kane

CAL LIC #1038951

0 Likes

PathCopy is awesome for complex arcs and lines and I use it all the time. Note that you need to ‘Weld’ the multiple lines together if your path made up of multiple arcs/lines. If your copying along a single arc, the regular protractor/rotate tool works well too. Hold the modify key (option/alt) to create what’s called a Polar Array…then copy it to end of path and enter “/(number of copies you want)”…you can change your mind as well until you’re happy and then finalize the rotate command to lock it down.

0 Likes

Thanks for the response and help. What is your line of work where you are using PathCopy?

I’m working with a landscape design company here in California drawing out hand drawn sketches for them.

As well I’m working with a surveyor drawing out his plot points in AutoCAD.

Thanks!

Thanks

Daniel

Daniel O’Kane

CAL LIC #1038951

0 Likes

My background in landscape architecture and urban design. I currently teach landscape architecture and SketchUp. Also based out of Southern CA.

0 Likes