Pathcopy or copy along a curve

Hello Friends

I’m trying to solve an issue:

1. I want to place these stepping stones shown in screenshot along guide curve shown all with equal spacing and arcing around the curve

2. I tried using PathCopy plugin, but it doesn’t seem to work for me.

3. Would anyone have advice on how to equally copy multiples along a curve?

Thanks!

PathCopy

Change Axes for the component

3 Likes

Sweet! I’ll give it go.

Is that a different plug-in you are using, other than PathCopy?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Daniel

Daniel O’Kane

CAL LIC #1038951

The text “PathCopy” it’s blue because it’s a link to plugin web page, so you can download it directly. Just click on that blue text, it will redirect you to the official SketchUp Extensions page.

Got it thanks.

Thanks

Daniel

Daniel O’Kane

CAL LIC #1038951

PathCopy is awesome for complex arcs and lines and I use it all the time. Note that you need to ‘Weld’ the multiple lines together if your path made up of multiple arcs/lines. If your copying along a single arc, the regular protractor/rotate tool works well too. Hold the modify key (option/alt) to create what’s called a Polar Array…then copy it to end of path and enter “/(number of copies you want)”…you can change your mind as well until you’re happy and then finalize the rotate command to lock it down.

Thanks for the response and help. What is your line of work where you are using PathCopy?

I’m working with a landscape design company here in California drawing out hand drawn sketches for them.

As well I’m working with a surveyor drawing out his plot points in AutoCAD.

Thanks!

Thanks

Daniel

Daniel O’Kane

CAL LIC #1038951

My background in landscape architecture and urban design. I currently teach landscape architecture and SketchUp. Also based out of Southern CA.