Over size file Help reducing it please

Hello fine people

I commissioned a design in sketch up and they did a great job. However I have 2 files, one is 34mb and I can view and edit it in the free version. It however seems to be a work in progress as it has elements missing or elements I cannot force visible.

The second if 170mb and was used to generate the renders. It has I know a table and chairs that is very large. Ok for rendering not for leaving visible during editing. The issue is I cannot open the file as it exceeds the 100mb limit for web files.
I’m not getting anywhere with the artist as they went on hols.

Is there a way I can get the large elements etc removed from the file and re-saved to fit the 100mb limit? It’s not worth paying £££ for a PC licence just to mess around withe file for a couple of hours.

Thanks in advance

Tim

You could download 2020 pro and sort it out during the 1 month free trial.
Or download the still free 2017 Make version.

Ok

Thanks, I could not find how to download the Pro trial version. Obviously not trying hard enough :frowning:

Tim

The Downloads page is Here. You will have to log in.

That was the location I was trying from but keep getting an error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at root@localhost to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Hmmm, you are correct, I get the same here. That is the normal site and usually works well.
Hopefully the server will come back online for you soon.

1 Like

In the meantime, could you upload the 170MB file to a file sharing service for someone to have a look at for you? Use Dropbox, OneDrive, WeTransfer or something similar.

Give it a try now, it seems to be working again.

Thanks everyone

Downloading now

Tim

1 Like

I didn’t even notice before that we have a separate entry in the status.sketchup.com list. It seems there have been problems today:

There is the SketchUp Viewer desktop application. If someone has sent a file for you to review, you can use that for looking at any size file (that would also open ok in the desktop version of SketchUp).

It’s on the downloads page as well:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.