Outliner function or similar?

HI everyone really appreciate some advise please.
Really keen to start modelling up various woodworking projects and currently trialling SketchUp for iPad which is great btw.
I’m trying to work out if there is a way to view my models in Outliner or similar function?. I can t see the option or anyway of overviewing the model breakdown so not sure if this feature is included on the iPad software or only on desktop versions ?

Would prefer not to have to purchase a new mac book if i can help it but do want to heavily throw myself at SketchUp modelling and associated sheet material cutting lists for my woodworking projects.
thanks in advance
Gaz

I haven’t seen Outliner on iPad yet, though, I suspect they probably will add that sometime. As I understand it, SketchUp Go Subscription includes the paid web version which does include Outliner (while the free version does not). Having to switch between them isn’t ideal, but my situation is to have SU iPad as part of a suite of tools that include Pro, so I don’t expect it to do everything.

@Gazbo Thanks for your feedback! I can confirm that the Outliner has not yet made its way to SketchUp for iPad, but it’s certainly on the list!

In addition to Outliner, we’re taking notes about what else to prioritize as we continue to improve and enhance the SketchUp for iPad experience, so please keep the feedback coming!

1 Like

I humbly second that request for Outliner. It’s an integral part of my design flow on the PC which means I can’t work on designs fluidly between PC and iPad.

1 Like

I third this :smiley:

fourth… it is not realy usable on ipad without the outliner.
thanks

I haven’t an iPad, I use SketchUp on the PC, and I actually haven’t opened the outliner for a long time. It is probably a workflow question, and most “old timers” seldom used it because before recent changes it used to be slow.

Yup, and I bet that in Sketchup for iPad it will take a lot of screen space, which, even in iPad Pro, is very limited.

Youre probably right, Im pretty new to sketchup :slight_smile: I use it a lot though for several projects currently and it works quite well on my macbook, where I use it as PWA in Chrome (in Firefox its very slow, e.g.). I upgraded to the go subscription, because an architectural model of mine got quite messy, recently. being able to use the outliner helped me out a lot to organize my stuff again. couple days ago I tried the app on my ipad pro, which I really liked at first, workflow wise. but without the outliner its pretty hard to show and hide as well as organize stuff, which is kind of important for performance during modeling… but never mind, everybodys workflow is probably different :slight_smile: I just liked the Ios app a lot - in principle - and got a bit disappointed…

For what it’s worth. +1 million votes for the Outliner :smiley:

The outlined is a great way to get to know how to have your model organized in groups and components, but after a while, you get on without it.

If you are using components and groups already, you can use tags and scenes to control their visibility too.