Out of the Box

I’ve followed the thread but not for a little while, and must have forgotten. Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Awesome… Just love these snippets! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

That is a great tip. Thanks. I’ll be doing this from now on.

1 Like

Anyone need a medieval ruffle.
Ruffle

15 Likes

That is fun! Looking forward to the tut.

Will this do you Duane?
Ruffle01

14 Likes

That’ll do me just fine! :slight_smile:

1 Like

A little example of how one simple shape can be used to make a complex design with nothing more than array and scale.
Grill array

10 Likes

Very cool ! :+1:

1 Like

Must stop doodling and get on with some work I’ve been avoiding.

9 Likes

Here’s a little grouping, sketchup model is 1m at the widest point, 3d print is 100mm.
This is straight from the printer with nothing removed or any finishing.

10 Likes

Is this the work or is this the doodling? I find myself creating irrelevant things even when I am supposed to be preparing a quote. Doodling

1 Like

That was once again doodling. Doodling does help with paid work tho.

2 Likes

Speaking of doodles, took a nice photo of the moon and needed something you use it with.

6 Likes

I got a bit addicted to these goth arch structures and made a whole bunch of them in different ways, the point being to boil down the most efficient method. I think two components is pretty good.
Starting with the one arch component, made using a method explained earlier, for the straight section, then a unique version of that is skewed to create the rise, steps added and bent to create the curve.
Goth Stairs

8 Likes

addiction seams to be a great source for inspirational art :wink:

2 Likes

A friend needed help with the pipe work for a set of four into ones, I might think about how to do it in a gif. An exhaust person will probably say it’s all wrong, but it was only needed as a visual representation.

15 Likes

I’ve been busy with a job that involved making lots of dots to create a gradient pattern for sandblasting, worked out quite well with very thin 3d prints. But it left me thinking about dots.

11 Likes

Very cool :+1::+1:

My little joke.

What most of us see.

What Civil Engineers see!

2 Likes