Numeric keypad enter key not working

The numeric keypad “enter” key does not work for me when entering inputs in the measurements box in SketchUp 2018. The key works as expected in Layout 2018 and all other applications I use. It also works as expected in SketchUp 2017.

By accident, I discovered the enter key works if I press and hold shift while I press enter.

The “return” key on the main part of the keyboard works as expected in all cases, but it is a hassle to have to reach left with my thumb instead of hitting enter with my little finger.

Macbook Pro (late 2013)
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1
Logitech wireless extended keyboard K750

Is there a setting or something I’m missing that changed from SU2017 to SU2018?

Both work for me in 2018 with an external keyboard plugged into a MBP, and shift-enter works the same as enter, or shift-return or return. On both Sierra and High Sierra. When you open up the Keyboard viewer (enable from System Preferences) from the Mac tool bar, what does it look like? Here’s my Apple keyboard:

Anyone else out there have a Logitech K750 keyboard?

Here is my keyboard that I have been using successfully with SU Pro 2017 and earlier.

Thanks for looking into this, Barry, and I think I solved my problem after some fiddling around. I customized shortcuts in SU 2017 that I don’t think migrated successfully to SU 2018. I reset the shortcuts in SU 2018 to the default and now things are working as expected.

I will re-enter my shortcuts one by one and hopefully all will work out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.