Nothing works with Sketchup - Activation, Customer support, help instructions, Ticket System

I just paid $299 for a a Sketchup pro subscription. This was a fraud.

1. Even though you pay for the subscription, you can’t run the software. It tells you your subscription has expired, even though it’s god for a year (according to the emails received, and the account management page)

2. If you through their online help, you will find a page that describes this problem and what to do about it (sign-out and back in again). This doesn’t work.

3. I called the company, and selected option (3) to wait for the next agent. After waiting 5 minutes, a recorded voice told my I had exceeded the maximum voicemail message. In other words, their phone menu system is broken as well.

4. I tried to use online help. There is a page which will tell you your product serial number if you provide your email address. The website is also broken. All it sends you is your account number and confirmation number.

5. I tried submitting an online help ticket, and got the message “The website that you’re trying to reach is having technical difficulties and is currently unavailable”.

Nothing Sketchup/Trimble offers actually works. This feels like a sham.

Could you say which page you were on when you had the error? I can get that checked into.

I believe that Mike is typing what I was going to say. I’ll post more after reading his post.

1 Like

Did you tick the auto assign option?
The subscription needs to be assigned to the same email address that you are using to log in.
When did you download it? The current version is 2019.3

More info beyond what Mike was saying. The box that assigns the subscription is something that you could uncheck without knowing what it was for, and so you may not know it was an auto assign option.

The fix for that, if that is the case, is to sign into this page:

https://ecom-prd.trimblepaas.com/ecom/portal#/subscription

Select Members from the left of the page, make sure that SketchUp Pro is the chosen product, and look at the members list. We’re hoping that is empty for you, and the two circles show 1 remaining and 0 assigned. Click the + Assign button and add your email address.

Once you are showing in the members list, and assigned is 1 and remaining is 0, you can sign into SketchUp and it will show your subscription as active.

I downloaded it this morning.

To answer your question, the web-page was:
https://help.sketchup.com/en/contact-support/billing-question/form
It seems to be working now.

The instructions you provided work in your reply worked, but you don’t provide this information on your help pages, causing your customers to waste hours of their time unnecessarily until they reach out to other users in the forums out of complete desperation.

This page:

… Says nothing about assigning licenses.

This page:
<Deleted - New users not allowed to post more than 2 links.>

This page:

This instructional video:

You need to change all of these web-pages and videos to be accurate.

Thanks for taking the time to make a list of issues. Sorry about them being turned down as you’re new to the forum.

This is the page we hope people will find:

It is geared towards people who are seeing a trial message when they think they shouldn’t. The page links to this article, which covers exactly your case:

2 Likes

This is the page we hope people will find

“Hope” is not a strategy for customer support. I found the misleading pages navigating from the customer support page, but Google exists.

It’s not reasonable to assume people will only read web-pages containing accurate information, and not read the web-pages containing bad information. How would your customers know which pages are correct? The web pages containing bad information should simply not exist.

2 Likes

Thanks for your many comments. I’m not the only one here reading what you’ve said. Some are way more senior than I am!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.