No Templates in Layout 2019

Hi

Im working with a Sketchup pro Lizenz .

The question I have is regarding Layout 2019. I´m missing templates to choose from, when creating a new file. Nothing is offered except A3 and A4 standard blanks . Isn´t there supposed to be a variety of preset templates to chooose from?

It´s Layout 2019 19.3.252 OS Catalina 10.15.2.

Best regards Maik

There should be more templates. Try reinstalling SketchUp and LayOut.

No. Doesn´t work.

What OS?

Catalina 10.15.2

It’s interesting that the sections of templates are sorted alphabetical. It seems odd that “Paper” is showing as Standardvorlen, and Storyboard and Titleblock are missing.

What you’re showing is the templates in the welcome screen. If you do File/New, the templates are shown in a different way. Do you see more templates if you start a new document from the File menu?

I talked to Trent about this. It seems that those missing templates have a lot of English language text in them, and so only show up if your OS is set to English. It could be that in the past you had macOS set to English, and now you have it set to German.

The work arounds are to either set macOS back to English, install the English version of SketchUp, or open any previous document that uses one of those templates and save it as a template (after deleting everything but the template bits I suppose). Then you should get a My Templates list next to the Standardvorlegen ones.

Hi! I am having the same problem. Whenever I send a Sketchup image to Layout, or start a new document on Layout, it doesn’t give me options for templates. I tried installing it in English (was using it in Portuguese), and it didn’t solve the problem. Any idea of what I could do?
Thanks so much!

When you installed did you right click on the downloaded installer file and choose Run as administrator?

I don’t think I did that! Do you think that would have made a difference? I could try installing it again.

It couldn’t hurt. Download the latest version from Download All | SketchUp, right click on the installer and choose Run as administrator. If presented with the option, choose Repair.

What language is used is a mixture of the language packs you’ve added, and your system region settings.

In all cases, the English Titleblock templates are in this folder:

C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2020\LayOut\templates\Titleblock

you can switch back to being in Portuguese and then manually open the English title block template you want, and save it as your own customer template.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.