No memory available, SU uses more than 150GB virtual memory

Hi all, since a few days I have a problem when rendering scenes in V-ray. During redenering SU uses just 4GB of RAM but more than 150GB of virtual memory. My Mac freezes.

I read about problems with 3D Connection (mouse) drivers and plug-ins. But I have a Logitech mouse and just a few plug-ins (Laubwerk and Skatter).

Specs: Mac OSX Sierra, 24GB RAM, 300GB free spade on SSD, SU Pro 2016, skp file 200mb with a few proxies.

Can anybody help me with this?

Hi,
I’ve got exactly the same problem.
Task Manager reports 100% Disk utilisation, while CPUs are showing less that 30% load.
It’s so bad that now I dread starting any renders for fear that 6 hours in - my system crashes without warning.
HELP!!!

Are you using the latest version of V-Ray? Some older ones have this memory leak.

Thanks for your reply. And yes, I use the latest version of V-ray.

Anybody an idea?
And does it make sense that Sketchup uses just 4GB of RAM while I have 24GB of RAM?

I draw one single box in Sketchup, about 10 minutes later 40GB of Swap Ram has been created. The program eventually stalls and I have to kill Sketchup to be able to continue other work. No V-Ray only a Logitech mouse. Running MacBook Pro 2016 on High Sierra with all the latest updates.

Did any solution show up on this thread?

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.