Newbie Looking For Help

Howdy,
I hope I am in the right place for this. I am a newbie to sketchup and I am starting my new hobby of making some furniture for my office area. I figure that the web version of Sketchup should be enough for me, however I would like to set my measurements to inches & fractions of inches. Unfortunately the web version only shows me a template in feet & inches. Is there a way to change this to what I would like?

I’m from Europe, so not sure, but isn’t this is what you are looking for:

In the web versions you have a choice of Architectural (feet, Inches, fractions of inches) or Decimal inches but not simple fractional inches as you are asking about. @dezmo shows the Architectural format with Precision set to 1/64 in and Length Snapping disabled. Both of those settings are ones I would recommend for modeling woodworking projects.

The option to select Fractional units has been a long-standing request. Maybe one day it will get added.

As an alternative, you could use SketchUp 2017 Make which is still available from Download All | SketchUp In that version you can choose Fractional units. (You can also install extensions in SketchUp 2017 Make including extensions that make cutlists if that’s something you’re interested in.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.