Neuron Plectrum Gallery

Figured it was about time I made a gallery page here for some of my non-3D-printing ventures in SketchUp. I’ll start off with this little tri-star wheeled autonomous vehicle that was a spin-off of another series I’ll post later. Unfortunately, I don’t seem to have the original SKP of this, only the crates and the wheels. I think I just wasn’t happy with it and decided to start anew.

I’m also not happy with the skybox, which was made in Procreate, depth of field blur and all. Maybe I’ll give Terragen a looksy one day.

The texture for the crates was made in Affinity Designer and the control panel is from the Apollo command module’s main computer.

11 Likes

Something fun I threw together using SketchUp, Procreate, Pixlr, and Affinity Designer. It was going to be a background element for something else, but I put more into it than I expected and decided to post it by itself first.

Made a bit of a faux pas on this one.

Some sci-fi-esque bric-a-brac.

2 Likes

why does it feel I’ve seen that before…?

you used it as an example somewhere right ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was having an issue with the pallets disappearing when saving it to Trimble Connect.

1 Like

I like your images but the “z” in the “poster” you posted has a special, negative, political meaning for Europeans at the moment.

1 Like

You’ll have to enlighten me on that; I’m not familiar.
Edit: Is it this?

Yes it is.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I’ll make some adjustments.

1 Like

it is, but I didn’t even think of it.

when I saw the image I thought…

Zorro ?

1 Like

Okay, let’s try this again, minus the unintentional socio-political faux pas. You can still see the original in the edit log of the earlier post if you really want some context. Suffice to say, I screwed up and I’m sorry.

1 Like

I’ve forgotten what LRB stands for. Maybe Land-based Rover Bot, but that doesn’t sound right.

5 Likes

Some more cartoony work. Can’t remember exactly where I got the idea besides maybe some Roadrunner episodes.

7 Likes

A reel-to-reel tape recorder for a drawing challenge.

4 Likes

If one reel is almost full, shouldn’t the other be almost empty? (I think I have a Tandberg from early 1970s in storage)

3 Likes

The problem of making the spool a component >.<

Revisit of an old Labor Day post on Instagram.

The original had some extra details added in Procreate, namely the wet floor sign having text and a stick figure.

3 Likes

A collection of color coordinated cubic crates:

I think I was experimenting with components while also working out how best to make the corners hexagonal.

3 Likes

…and VU meters would usually go green, yellow, red in little pie sections with a needle indicator.

1 Like

In Break of Glass, Case Hammer.

5 Likes