Need help with SketchUp construction drawings

I’d like to ask what you might typically charge for a set of floor plans like this as well as a 3D exterior of the home. I understand if don’t want to answer.

If I recall, Tammy Cody has some good advice on discussing pricing. The info may have been from her YouTube channel or another site (blog) but here’s a start: Homepage - SketchUp for Interior Designers

Pricing would have to do with level of detail and sqft.

1 Like

Groups can be moved from/to other groups without exploding them. It is real easy to do in Outliner by simply selecting the one you want to move to another group and dragging it onto the one you want it in.
OR
Cut (Ctrl X) the group you want to move to another group. Multi click on the group you want the 1st group to go into so you’re in edit mode.
Go to the EDIT MENU and click on PASTE IN PLACE. DONE, the 1st group is now a part of the 2nd group
You can also move raw geometry into Groups these ways as well.
I use this all the time cause I’m terrible at keeping track of stuff.

1 Like

OMG! Could it be that simple?? All this time struggling with groups….how did I never know this!? Thank you! Thank you!!

I made this entirely on sketchup and LayOut, I’ve been using it for over 8 years, I don’t use autocad anymore.

Planos PROFERMACO.pdf (11.2 MB)

1 Like

Pretty cool huh? I use the cut, paste in place most of the time, but it’s more of a visual confirmation using Outliner cuz you see can exactly how your groups are related. You can also do this with Components.

1 Like

I use cut and paste in place on a constant basis. Saves the day again and again.

Moving groups in Outliner is termed “reparenting” same deal in the Tags panel.

1 Like

Nice work in Layout! I find Layout to be fully capable of everything I need to do. I have not exeienced and performance problems.

1 Like