I’ll try. What version of SketchUp are you really using? Your profile says SketchUp Free (web) 2019 but there is no such version. What operating system? “19.0.685” is definitely not an operating system. Fix your forum profile while I see what I can do for you.
The file is corrupted. @colin might have better luck than I did but I wouldn’t count on it. Where were you saving the file to? Do you have the .skb version of the file? If so, share that. Maybe we can get something out if it for you.
I’ll look at it while you FIX YOUR FORUM PROFILE!
Digging into it, it would appear that you are using a cracked version of 2021. Is that correct?
Using a crack to get around purchasing a software license is theft. I won’t help you then.
What version of SketchUp are you using? There is no SketchUp for Schools 2021. Are you actually using a cracked version?
Then you have come to the wrong place for help. Using cracked software is illegal.
how daft do you have to be exactly to go to an official sketchup forum with official employees on it and openly say as your second message" I’m using a cracked version" exactly?
I mean REALLY ?
edit : and when I say Daft, I don’t mean daft, but there are a lot of words that are censored so… daft.
estou tentando abrir o arquivo mas aparece ‘‘failed to open document’’, ele é muito importante. Vocês poderiam me ajudar ? @colin @DaveR
Segue link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17X6hrC9IxdpX9zc48GWoCc8NO0cVL6Cp?usp=drive_link
What version of SketchUp are you actually using? Your profile says “Free Plan” 2023. Does that mean you are using a cracked version?
Where have you been saving the file while you were working on it? The file is about 80% filled with zeroes. Nothing to recover.
Estava salvando na pasta em que ele se encontrava o arquivo original. Enviei os dois arquivos, o original e o que se encontrava em .skb
Translated by Google:
What does this mean? Please answer my questions.
Are you using a cracked version of SketchUp?
Where have you been saving the file while working on it?
Please help me recover my SketchUp file. I tried all the tutorials here to recover my SKP file, but still, the message “failed to open document” keeps showing up. I tried to recover my SKP file by changing the SKB file into SKP, but still the problem is the same
2nd floor.skp file is the original file
2ND WITH EXISTING COLOR.skb is the skb file that I changed into skp file hoping to recover it but still not working
Unfortunately I can’t get anything from the files. Both files have a big chunk of data missing,
Hello
So theres no hope to recover the file?
If @colin can’t recover it, no one can..
Time to start over I guess..
What kind of project are you working on? 1Gb for an SketchUp file is too much, where were you saving it? I checked your file on a hex editor and it looks like during the saving, either you lost internet connection, or unplugged the drive too early cause it has data and looks like an sketchup file at the beginning but a lot of data is missing at the end, like 1/3rd of data was lost, that’s like 333 Mb. I’ve worked with big projects but never had I ever reached a third of the size of your file.
I bet you downloaded a lot of stuff from the 3D warehouse, and your project has also some huge textures, I saw recently a file that had a transparent material applied to the curtains that was 9K resolution.
Anyway, good luck making the entire project from scratch, I’ve had to do that in the past and it usually takes less than half of the time that it took the first time modeling, you know already how to do things that you didn’t the first time you modeled, as a very helpful advice, avoid models from the 3D warehouse if they’re going to be used as assets, and if you must use them, don’t download them directly into your main file, do it on an empty file, check that it doesn’t have a lot of geometry, for example a plant doesn’t need to have 1M entities with 4K textures and 6 tags, avoid heavy models and fix them before using them on your main model, it will take you some time but you can create your own library with optimized assets that you could use in the future. If you’re going to render with Vray, it’s a lot better to use assets from the chaos cloud library, they’re proxies, that means that on your model they’ll look like low poly texture less models, but on the render they will look with all the textures, and the entire geometry, it helps to keep your sketchup file light and also speed up rendering times.
I am having the same issue… There is no backup .skb file in the folder, nor is there a backup file in /working. Could someone please try to open. I have tried to open with older versions of skechup and on sketchup online. The file was working fine, it didn’t crash when I saved it and the last save has the corrcet time. But when I went to open the next day it keeps saying ‘Failed to open document’.
Where were you saving it while working on it? Why is there no .skb copy? Were you also saving the file to your Trimble Connect storage?
Unfortunately your .skp file is trash now. It’s more than 50% filled with zeroes.
It was saved to our server. Everything was working perfectly up until that point
I don’t know why there is no .skb file usually there is. I saved the file successfully then closed sketchup and shutdown my laptop and the next day tried to open the file and it’s saying ‘failed to open document’