Navid House

5 Likes

I rather like that.

But the car’s a bit too much!

1 Like

Are those balconies?
Why build and render such beauty and add in the power lines? They kinda ruin the whole high end thing.

2 Likes

Arctic sky? The design looks quite tropical to me. The balconies need railings. The car should be a simple box, like the neighboring houses.

3 Likes

Only if you can access them. Not sure it is obvious that you can. May be just a design feature to create shade necessary in the high summer of the arctic circle!

But if we’re being picky, I would worry more about those lollipop trees on the “balcony”. One whiff of wind and anyone walking under is likely to be clobbered. But you know, poetic licence etc.

2 Likes

The lollipop bushes need to be watered…
As renders, the images are quire good, in fact. I forgot to mention that in my first reply. Camera angles are not too wide.
If the wide overhangs are pure solar shading devices, the discrepancy with the aurora borealis sky is even greater. Nordic solar angles are low so they won’t shade much. The overhangs are also rather thin - can they support, say, 7 feet of snow?

Where I live (southern Finland) the aurora borealis is not unknown, but the only times I have seen it have been north of the Arctic circle, and there the winters are quite a lot harsher than here.

1 Like

I thought you had me there but then I remembered my tomatoes: automatic watering system!

Not sure this is a real project though. Looks like a pair of semi-detached houses and who would live in one of them and drive a Bentley?

1 Like

That’s a Rolls Royce, just sayin’.

Renders look good but yeah, the looks are kinda tropical yet there’s an aurora borealis which makes not that much sense.

1 Like

It could just as easily be aurora australis. Then you can have blue sky and wet roads on a sunny day. The shade canopies would be handy, too.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about that but I understand that the Earth’s magnetic field is sort of symmetrical so you need to be somewhere in the southern polar region to see it. Australia might be way too north.

1 Like

I don’t know much either, but it musn’t be symmetrical because the aurora is visible at 40deg south, which picks up all of NZ and even some of Australia. It’s very clear in southern NZ which also gets sunny (hot, dry, 30degC…And they have plenty of $million semi-detached houses, bentleys and lollipop trees there, too…!)

Just sayin’ :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think that’s a Rolls and it’s very cool… maybe not appropriate, but cool anyway. In most modern communities power lines are buried (they all should be), so there’s that. I think the power lines are actually very realistic though. They have a proper catenary curve and spark junctions. Where did you get them?

1 Like

Great project. What did you use to render?