Naming Tools on Tool Bars

Seems a bit of a shame when Macs are known for their excellence with graphics,

Except since 2008 when they stopped using Nvidia GPUs, now they’re known for being weak in graphics :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Neil, hi folks.

I have tooltips on toolbars icons, as far as I know, all of them, native or plugins, but only in the vertical orientation.

The native toolbar at the top is giving tooltips.

Jean (Johnny) Lemire from Longueuil, Quebec, Canada

I’m behind the curve then.

However, it always seems that there are dozens of issues reported on this forum that can be traced back to PCs and the GPU they use (or fail to use). By comparison, such problems are rare, if not non-existent with Macs, going by ratio of posts.

Hello I am on Windows and un-sure about Mac but from inside Sketchup’s View tab. You can toggle tool tips on or off, again I am on Windows. Take a look if the option exists on a Mac.

Good Evening everyone.

Thanks very much everyone for your help with this irritating little problem. Thanks to William Rutkowski’s email below and a bit of luck I think this problem is cracked. Following William’s suggestion I looked for a ‘see Tool tips’ option in but it wasn’t there. I then looked in and at the bottom of the screen, after all the icons, was the option to show icon and text, which I choose. I then turned Sketchup off and back on and hey presto tool tips appear for all vertical tool bars.

image001

The lucky bit was that when I did this I was NOT in full screen, which meant that the options box shown above was visible at the bottom of the page of icons, which wasn’t the case in full screen when the box is below the bottom of the screen.

I appreciate everyone’s help in cracking this, a minor victory, but it will make it a lot easier for me to use all the toolbars I have accumulated.

Glad it helped, and with SketchUp it is all the little victories over time that make the big difference. The more you use it the more questions you have. But without it you gain no experience.

And even though Mac and Windows are completely different. If it is a native feature to SketchUp, it has to be somewhere.