My virtual RC Collection

:no_mouth:

Uh…

1 Like

Amazing modeling and texturing, well done.

1 Like

Agreed, fantastic work. Perhaps it would be nice to show a screen shot of what working with WrapR looks like and what an unfolded UV map looks like in another program.

2 Likes

I had an Optima Mid and those are exactly what they look like except for all of the broken parts. Some of us just had to back up and realize we’re better off with The Frog and its larger bumper.

1 Like

Here’s my latest model.
It’s a hybrid workflow; I modeled my chassis in Fusion360 and used SU for modeling of the body parts.
VT QFT SubD, exported as QFT OBJ towards RizomUV (for unwrapping) and then painted in Substance Painter and reimported in SU for rendering.

6 Likes

All you need to complete your fantastic virtual RC collection is a real-life, full-size Tamiya!

3 Likes

There’s already a Sand Scorcher, and the Rough Rider was basically a copycat of a Funco sandrail, so I’m happy to see a Wild One in 1/1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Getting some great nostalgia hits looking through these!

1 Like

Today I did some renders with D5 with my MARUI SAMURAI model.
The Samurai was the contender to the Tamiya Hotshot by another japanese manufacturer named Tokyo Marui which abandoned radiocontrolled business near 1988 and focused on airsoftguns (they still are famous for that today).
I tested D5 years ago and didn’t like it but now it has evolved and improved so much! 2 minutes render in 4K resolution, it’s impressive! It allows for ultrafast iterations (don’t tell that to your clients) :smiley:

6 Likes

If you have a gpu with ray tracing capabilities you should try twinmotion, it’s path tracer is a lot better than D5 ray tracing rendering method imo.

1 Like

I’ve never mentally sworn so much in my life. That is beyond incredible. I really, really hope someone is paying you a fair wage. Superb work.

1 Like

Have you tried messing around with the new artisan 2 yet?

1 Like

twinmotion’s path tracing isn’t as fast as D5 raytracing but yes, I have TW but never used it for non -architectural projects.

Yes, I love the new possibilites (insert loop, offset loop, knife, make planar, bridge edges, etc.) !!! a Gamechanger for sure, as was SubD and QuadfaceTools, Vertextools, WrapR, Curviloft, Toposhaper, Flextools, Skatter, and many others;

2 Likes

Kyosho Turbo Scorpion (1986)
Modeled in Sketchup , rendered with Thea Render.

4 Likes

Kyosho Scorpion (1982)
Modeled in Sketchup, render by Thea Render

4 Likes

Mugen Bulldog AWDS (1985)
All wheel drive and all wheel steering car.
Modeled in Fusion360 and Sketchup, render in Thea Render.

4 Likes

Sketchup 100% render.

6 Likes

Marui Galaxy siblings.
Modeled in Sketchup, rendered with Thea Render

6 Likes

Marui Samurai turntable

1 Like