My tool menus have disappeared

Feel like I’d like to delete and reinstall SketchUp. Has anyone done this?

That would probably be excessive! Check the Tool Palettes sub menu umber the View menu, first.

You have provided quite a bit of information, based on that I assume that:

If you had a previous version of Sketchup like 2021, and you are installing the new main version (2022) it will install independently. The old version still will be there and can run separately.
The settings , toolbars …etc and the Extensions will not be carried out. You have to set it up and reinstall your Extensions. You can check this article too:
Migrating from a previous version | SketchUp Help
(BTW a provided link above you can find more articles - on a left side - about installing, uninstalling …etc. )

Normally deleting is not necessary. On Windows Just right click on the downloaded installer and when you prompted choose Repair. On Mac, I guess you need to follow the normal install procedure, but I’m not sure if there is a Repair option or not…

iOS …

So on an iPad?

MacBook Air

Sorry, MacOS …

Are you intentionally writing as little information as possible? It’s challenging to diagnose your situation without more details. Which tool pallets are missing? What were you doing when they went missing? Can you describe the situation a bit more. There are lots of different things that could be going on and without more info we are guessing at best. It could be a simple as:

Menu Bar - View > Tool Pallets > Large Tool Set

There is no repair option on Mac. In the (rare) situations where an installation is bad, the only recourse is to reinstall. Strange issues are more often due to user error, such as trying to run SketchUp from the installer disk image not the installed Application, or having a non-standard disk setup such as case-sensitive.

1 Like

Can you be more specific about what tool menus you are referring to? For example, the built in SketchUp menus or extension menus? If extensions, have you reinstalled the extensions in SketchUp 2022 (they won’t carry forward on their own)?

I’m having this same issue but it’s specific to File Edit and View in the menu bar - they won’t expand. If I click any of the others, they expand. If I click File, Edit or View they don’t expand and the floating tool palettes disappear. Very strange…ONLY File Edit and View are the problem. But not having those is debilitating. Please help.

What version of SketchUp? Please complete your profile.

You edited your post after I started typing. Is this on a PC or on Mac?

If on a PC, did you install SketchUp correctly? That requires right clicking on the downloaded installer and selecting run as administrator from the Context menu. If you didn’t do that or don’t know, do that now and choose the Repair option when it is presented.